Showcase ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 2.0 Sites

07-06-2010 12:36 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I just wanted to share with you my new ArcGIS Viewer 2.0 Beta Site.

Here are the Links:

I am busy working on my Dynamic Legend Widget for ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 2.0 and will submit it to the code gallery when done (most people will have to wait until they deploy ArcGIS Server 10 before they can use it though).

FYI- I probably will not share any of my code changes that I did for my site until the viewer is out of Beta, that way I won't have code out there that will just break once ESRI releases the final version.

Be sure to share you ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 2.0 Site once you get them deployed.:D
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
30 Replies
TonyCollins
Occasional Contributor
Hi Robert, really liking what you have done with the Flex Viewer!

Would it be cheeky to ask you a few tips?

Firstly,  How do you get the draw tool to draw circles? Have you extended the DrawTool?

Secondly, do you have any tips on the exporting of graphics layers and importing them again like you have done in your browser...i really like this feature!!

Thanks for any tips
Tony

Don,

I don't think it was to hard. The big thing is if you are migrating your custom widgets and want to use mainly Spark then you have to get rid of your repeaters and switch to data groups, which force you to develop item renderers for the datagroup. I went ahead and took the time to migrate all my widgets to the new Spark components all except for my TOC widget. I had to fix serveral things in the Beta Viewer, like data messaging, the infopopupwidget, lots of css, issues with the tooltips and header widgets appearing below docked widgets, etc.

There no time like to present to dive in as this is the direction everyone needs to go.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Tony,

Both the circle and the exporting and importing graphics are available in this widget I created

http://resources.esri.com/arcgisserver/apis/flex/index.cfm?fa=codeGalleryDetails&scriptID=16634
0 Kudos
TonyCollins
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for that Robert,

On the other side of the pond here, so I will have a good look tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Tony

Tony,

Both the circle and the exporting and importing graphics are available in this widget I created

http://resources.esri.com/arcgisserver/apis/flex/index.cfm?fa=codeGalleryDetails&scriptID=16634
0 Kudos
CaseyBentz
Occasional Contributor II
Robert, I notice that in the context menu for the map, the mouse cursor disappears for me when I enter the context menu.  I have the same problem in my context menus and am wondering if you have done any looking into this.  I did a little test and I see that it may be related to the hand cursor used for the map. 

Here was my test: I simply right-click on the map.  My cursor disappears.  I then activated the draw widget, which changes the cursor to a pointer.  I then right-clicked on the map rather than starting to draw something and the cursor did not go away.  Also, I get an error when I attempt to draw anything using the draw widget. The error says it is in the drawEnd function.  This is the same in both configurations.  I am using IE 7.0.5730.13.

Casey
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Casey,

This is a Flash Player 10.1 issue in IE and Dasa has reported the Bug to Adobe.
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Go here to see the status of this issue and a workaround:
https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-26818
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dasa,

The problem I have with the workaround is that it as causes Flash Filters to cease working. i.e. bevel filter on my sites header controller.
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
OK, thanks for the heads up. You might have better luck with setting the wmode to "transparent" which also fixes the cursor issue.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dasa,

Brilliant... Works great.

Thanks for your spot on support as always
0 Kudos
SarahSchrader
New Contributor II
Wow, these are really great examples!  Question, I've been searching the forums for help on adding my navigation tools as buttons to the header controller (like your example site) but I can't find anything.  I'd like to keep the basic mapzoom slider but then have the zoom in, zoom out, pan etc as buttons at the top of the map.  Any idea where to go from some example code?  Thanks!
0 Kudos