Filtering Views from collection of hosted feature layers

Jump to solution
01-16-2024 06:32 AM
Dirk_Vandervoort
New Contributor III

Greeting fellow travellers:

I am querying my portal for feature service types. By default it returns the hosted feature layer and the views on the hosted feature layer. I would like to do something with the hosted feature layers and ignore the hosted feature layer views. Code looks like this:

the_query = "type:Feature Service"
    some_content = gis.content.search(query=the_query, max_items=10000, outside_org=False)
    for a_layer in some_content:
        # do something if it's a hosted feature layer, ignore it if it's a view

How do I get just the layers and ignore the views?

Thanks in advance, please and thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

There are two ways you can do this. Both rely on typeKeywords. When you create a View, I believe a type keyword is automatically attached to it (this is true in the UI, at least).

You can do something like this with your query string to filter out views:

the_query = "NOT typekeywords:View Service AND owner:youruser"

Or, in your loop you can use Item.typeKeywords to isolate views if you need to do further manipulations. The typeKeywords property for a view should be equal to a list like so:

['ArcGIS Server',
 'Data',
 'Feature Access',
 'Feature Service',
 'Service',
 'Singlelayer',
 'Hosted Service',
 'View Service']

So, you can do: if  "View Service" in item.typeKeywords do this or that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I don't see an elegant way to do this in the search.

I have not tested this but it looks like for each feature layer in your search results, you could retrieve the related items (https://developers.arcgis.com/python/api-reference/arcgis.gis.toc.html#arcgis.gis.Item.related_items) in the forward direction, using the Service2Data relationship type (you might need to play around with the parameters). If there aren't any related items, then it isn't a view.

Does that get you what you need?

Jill

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

There are two ways you can do this. Both rely on typeKeywords. When you create a View, I believe a type keyword is automatically attached to it (this is true in the UI, at least).

You can do something like this with your query string to filter out views:

the_query = "NOT typekeywords:View Service AND owner:youruser"

Or, in your loop you can use Item.typeKeywords to isolate views if you need to do further manipulations. The typeKeywords property for a view should be equal to a list like so:

['ArcGIS Server',
 'Data',
 'Feature Access',
 'Feature Service',
 'Service',
 'Singlelayer',
 'Hosted Service',
 'View Service']

So, you can do: if  "View Service" in item.typeKeywords do this or that.

0 Kudos