Where to put clientaccesspolicy.xml when using ASP.net development sever in VS 2010?

02-15-2012 03:45 AM
JonathonMerrick
New Contributor III
I am using Visual Studio 2010 to build my Silverlight app and upon compiling and running project, the app loads fine but my base maps never appear.  If I copy the contents of the compiled web folder to our IIS server, the app loads and the base maps appear.  Copying the web folder contents works every time but it's very time consuming.  Where do I place the clientaccesspolicy.xml so I can preview my app in Visual Studio without copying the project to our IIS server?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
OrlandoCarvajal
New Contributor III
In the root folder of the ArcGIS Server applications in IIS. E.g. C:\inetpub\wwwroot. Silverlight checks the root folder of the IIS Server where ArcGIS Server is hosting the maps to make sure that it's allowed to pull resources from that domain since it's not the same domain that hosts the SL application.
0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
The following resource might help: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/help/index.html#//016600000004000000

To access an ArcGIS Server site on a different domain than the Silverlight application host site, the ArcGIS Server site must enable remote access to services. This is accomplished using clientaccesspolicy.xml or crossdomain.xml. In most cases, just place the XML file at the root of your website (for example, for IIS, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\).
0 Kudos