White edges added on features

07-14-2011 08:01 AM
KeithNightlinger
New Contributor III
I loaded an ArcGIS Dynamic Map service that serves as a single layer in my application.  There are white edges being added to the features and text making it look really bad.  I pulled the map services into ArcMap and it displays them properly.

The imageFormat setting is set for PNG24, I have changed this and tested the other options some are better, some are worse.  However, none make the jagged white edges go away.

What do I need to do to make these graphical artifacts go away and make the application display it as it was designed in ArcMap?

I attached a screenshot
0 Kudos
4 Replies
IgressT
New Contributor II
I loaded an ArcGIS Dynamic Map service that serves as a single layer in my application.  There are white edges being added to the features and text making it look really bad.  I pulled the map services into ArcMap and it displays them properly.

The imageFormat setting is set for PNG24, I have changed this and tested the other options some are better, some are worse.  However, none make the jagged white edges go away.

What do I need to do to make these graphical artifacts go away and make the application display it as it was designed in ArcMap?

I attached a screenshot

Can you create a MSD with Anti-Aliasing and Text Anti-Aliasing options and then publish the MSD and see if it changes anything
0 Kudos
IgressT
New Contributor II
Can you create a MSD with Anti-Aliasing and Text Anti-Aliasing options and then publish the MSD and see if it changes anything
0 Kudos
KeithNightlinger
New Contributor III
Thanks but these are already set:
AntiAiliasingMode is Best
TextAntialiasingMode is Force
0 Kudos
HeatherWidlund
Occasional Contributor II
I have the same problem, and the artifacts are highly visible when an aerial photo is turned on.
0 Kudos