BAO Drive time buffers can't be created for 240-300 minute ring

Jump to solution
10-31-2023 11:08 AM
AGoldstein
New Contributor II

Hi everyone.  First time post here.  I'm wondering if anyone knows why or has a solution to an issue I'm running into:

I'm attempting to run a drivetime ring of 240-300 minutes from a point in SW Michigan.  After attempting to do so, I get an Attention message: "Drive time buffers can't be created around this location point." However, when running the same distance drivetime ring around a point in N Colorado, I have no issue.  

Does anyone know why I'm running into this error, and is there a fix?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@AGoldstein We really appreciate you reporting this issue to us. We have resolved the error in Production and you should now be able to create multi-ring drive times up to 300 minutes without running into the timeout issue. Please confirm you are able to create your drive times successfully now. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi @AGoldstein Thank you for reaching out on this issue through Esri Community! We are looking into the behavior you described and will get back to you with further details as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
AGoldstein
New Contributor II

Thank you @CherylHagevik I appreciate it.  This is the first time I've really been stumped with an issue like this.

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@AGoldstein Our inital investigation seems to point towards a timeout issue which we are investigating. The error occurs after trying to complete for 2 minutes. The issue has been inconsistently reproducible for us, even when using the same address. If you are able to share addresses where the issue has been consistently reproducible, it will help with our investigation. 

We appreciate your patience with this issue! 

0 Kudos
AGoldstein
New Contributor II

Hi Cheryl, thank you for looking into this.  I really appreciate it.

I have tried this address 2 times and each time has worked successfully:

Blue FCU Arena, 5290 Arena Cir, Loveland, CO 80538

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@AGoldstein Thank you for your quick response. Are you able to share an address that fails consistently for you?

0 Kudos
AGoldstein
New Contributor II

No problem, thank you.  The address that consistently fails is:

11111 Wilson Rd, New Buffalo, MI 49117

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@AGoldstein We really appreciate you reporting this issue to us. We have resolved the error in Production and you should now be able to create multi-ring drive times up to 300 minutes without running into the timeout issue. Please confirm you are able to create your drive times successfully now. Thank you!

0 Kudos
AGoldstein
New Contributor II

Thank you Cheryl, it is working for us now.  Thank you for you help in fixing this!

Virginie_Chevalet
New Contributor II

Hi Cheryl, is there a time limit for creating service areas?

0 Kudos