BAO Drive time buffers can't be created for 240-300 minute ring

Jump to solution
10-31-2023 11:08 AM
AGoldstein
New Contributor II

Hi everyone.  First time post here.  I'm wondering if anyone knows why or has a solution to an issue I'm running into:

I'm attempting to run a drivetime ring of 240-300 minutes from a point in SW Michigan.  After attempting to do so, I get an Attention message: "Drive time buffers can't be created around this location point." However, when running the same distance drivetime ring around a point in N Colorado, I have no issue.  

Does anyone know why I'm running into this error, and is there a fix?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi @Virginie_Chevalet When creating service areas through arcgis.com there is a time limit in order to protect the performance of the servers. This time limit is 5 minutes and should be enough time to complete service areas within the allowed limits for BA Web App. Please feel free to let us know if you experience any issues. 

0 Kudos
Virginie_Chevalet
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I wasn't talking about the process time for building the service areas, but the size of the service areas.

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Thank you for clarifying @Virginie_Chevalet. Yes, there are limits to the size of service areas that can be created. These limits are outlined in our documentation and can also be seen directly in BA Web App when creating the areas. Please see below. 

Create sites - Place a point on the map

2023-11-17_8-26-08.jpg