Blank PDF Exports

Jump to solution
09-27-2022 06:51 AM
JoshDryer2
New Contributor II

Hey Everyone,

From time to time my infographic exports (to PDF) are blank. It seems to happen over a brief period of time and then stop happening. For example, I was creating infographic reports last night and it happened 10 times. This morning it is exporting correctly. I attached an exported, blank file. It should be 10 pages of infographic data. As you can see, there are 10 pages, but they are blank.

Does anyone else have this issue or know how to remedy it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi @JoshDryer2 Happy to hear your exports are looking good now and again, thanks so much for your patience while resolved this issue.

For the PDF tags, these seem related to Accessibility settings for the PDF reader. They appear to be set automatically by the PDF Reader and then can be edited if needed. Maybe hiding the tags would help with your workflow? You can hide the tags by going to the View menu in Adobe Acrobat, then Show/Hide > Navigation panes >  Reset panes. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
HeatherFay
New Contributor

Having the same issue on our team today as well.

0 Kudos
JoshDryer2
New Contributor II

I can still export images, but that takes quite a bit more work when I put together the package.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@JoshDryer2 @HeatherFay Could you please confirm if this is happening with Business Analyst Web App or are you seeing this behavior in ArcGIS Pro (if Pro, are you using local or online dataset)?

0 Kudos
HeatherFay
New Contributor

BAO, I have not tested in Pro.

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi @JoshDryer2 and @HeatherFay I'm sorry to hear you're seeing intermittent issues with exporting infographics to PDF from BA Web App. Since the issue only occurs at times and then seems to resolve itself, it's possible there could be some network connectivity or performance issues occurring. If/when the issue occurs again, we can try to learn more through some additional troubleshooting:

• Are you exporting the infographic from the Run Reports tab or from the Infographics player that displays over the Maps tab? Does the issue occur in both areas?
  • Are you working with a custom infographic template? If so, does the issue also occur with other templates like the Standard infographics templates?
  • Is the issue occurring from multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari)?
0 Kudos
JoshDryer2
New Contributor II

Here are my answers:

1. I export from the infographics player that displays over the maps tab. I've not tested the other way.
  2. I am exporting a custom infographic. I've not tested the other way.
  3. I use Edge.
0 Kudos
JoshDryer2
New Contributor II

I tested the infographic export using the map tab and the other one. Both produced blank PDF's today at 4:41pm.

0 Kudos
HeatherFay
New Contributor

1.) Running the infographics from Run Reports tab

2.) I tried with a custom report and the standard Demographic Profile report, both were blank when exporting as PDF.

3.) This was in chrome browser.

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@JoshDryer2 Thank you for providing these details. Can you help us understand if the issue occurs with all infographics templates or just this particular one? Are you able to share the custom template for testing?

0 Kudos