Map Layers Not Keeping Symbology in Infographic Map

Jump to solution
12-13-2023 07:54 AM
ChrisMyers_NewQuest
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I have added a layer to a map within a custom Infographic template. The layer is a point feature with graduated & color symbology (Or "type and size" as it's named in web map styling) - this symbology is saved to the layer. When I run the BAO report, I see the points on the map, however the symbology is not present. They are just plain dots. 

I would like for the symbology to be displayed on the map within the BAO report. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@ChrisMyers_NewQuest Thank you for reaching out on this issue. I am able to reproduce the behavior you described when working with web maps and we will work on looking into this issue further. 

In the meantime, as a workaround you can consider using layers from your project instead of a web map. For example, use the Import file workflow to load your data, then apply the Color & Size symbology and Save the layer to your project. When configuring the map panel in your infographic, use this layer from your project instead of a web map.  

Feel free to let me know if you need more details on this workflow and I can provide the steps. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@ChrisMyers_NewQuest Thank you for reaching out on this issue. I am able to reproduce the behavior you described when working with web maps and we will work on looking into this issue further. 

In the meantime, as a workaround you can consider using layers from your project instead of a web map. For example, use the Import file workflow to load your data, then apply the Color & Size symbology and Save the layer to your project. When configuring the map panel in your infographic, use this layer from your project instead of a web map.  

Feel free to let me know if you need more details on this workflow and I can provide the steps. 

ChrisMyers_NewQuest
Occasional Contributor

@CherylHagevik thank you for the feedback and the workaround - I should be able to use the workflow you mentioned above for the time being. I'm hoping a feature for hosted web layers to keep their symbology in BAO templates can be introduced eventually, mainly for quality of life purposes. 

Thanks again for the feedback! 

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@ChrisMyers_NewQuest Thank you for confirming you are able to use the workaround! I have been testing further and am only able to reproduce this issue with certain feature layers in my Content. These layers seem to based on older versions of tables. Are you able to reproduce the issue with multiple feature layers/web maps?

To help me look into this issue further, can you please provide details on how your feature layer was originally published? If you are able to share a sample of your data where I can try and reproduce this issue futher, that would be very helpful.

0 Kudos