Migrating Custom Infographics from one owner to another

Jump to solution
12-05-2023 02:00 AM
Labels (1)
SusanaGasquez
New Contributor II

Hi there, I needed to change ownership of custom infographics we have created within our team, as the owner has left the company, and unfortunately even if we moved all items belonging to the old owner to the respective folders, these do not appear in the new owners BAO projects/ profile.

Could you please advise on how to fix this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HelenThompson
Esri Contributor

Hi Susana

While not ideal the best way to do this is to download the templates that the user created, and then upload them into the new users area. The BRPT files are portable and self contained. They have metadata inside which references the user, data vintage, data sources and other attributes like custom variable formula and links to any source data and services.

The system uses these parameters to help migrate infographic between vintage and data changes. This is automatic and allows you to move between years or even countries.

Unfortunately it makes it harder to just move them between users.

Another option is to share them, then login and use the new user to edit them. This will place a copy in the new users folder.

I hope this helps

H

Pronouns: she/her/hers
Follow me: Twitter @siaction | LinkedIn helensthompson

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HelenThompson
Esri Contributor

Hi Susana

While not ideal the best way to do this is to download the templates that the user created, and then upload them into the new users area. The BRPT files are portable and self contained. They have metadata inside which references the user, data vintage, data sources and other attributes like custom variable formula and links to any source data and services.

The system uses these parameters to help migrate infographic between vintage and data changes. This is automatic and allows you to move between years or even countries.

Unfortunately it makes it harder to just move them between users.

Another option is to share them, then login and use the new user to edit them. This will place a copy in the new users folder.

I hope this helps

H

Pronouns: she/her/hers
Follow me: Twitter @siaction | LinkedIn helensthompson
SusanaGasquez
New Contributor II

thanks so much for the quick reply Helen! i will do that.

Best regards

Susana

0 Kudos