Downloading Attachments

10-15-2013 11:54 AM
SarahO_Rourke
New Contributor
Hello,

I want to use the collector app to collect attributes and photos for various structures. I have been able to create a feature service with attachments turned on, everything looks good with the app and the AGOL map but I can't seem to save the feature service back to my ArcGIS desktop version. I can open the feature service on the desktop and with 10.2 and can now see the attached images however I don't see a related table. I want to be able to see which pictures are attached to which point in an offline setting, is this possible?

Thanks
Sarah
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
SarahO_Rourke
New Contributor
I still can't see the attachments, there is no related table in the local copy gdb. I don't know what I am missing.
I have looked at the other forums and it seems like I'm not the only one who has this problem.
0 Kudos
CarynAshbay
New Contributor III
I still can't see the attachments, there is no related table in the local copy gdb. I don't know what I am missing.
I have looked at the other forums and it seems like I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Sarah, were you ever able to figure out the attachment issue?  I am having the same problem.  Cannot see attachments and there is no related data in the related table.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
AidanMallamo
New Contributor II
Sarah, were you ever able to figure out the attachment issue?  I am having the same problem.  Cannot see attachments and there is no related data in the related table.
Thanks!

I am still having this problem on 10.2.1. I have a feature service that I created a while ago. The downloaded copy still does not contain attachments.

I need to republish to change the schema, but I cannot do so because I will lose all the attachments.
0 Kudos
CarynAshbay
New Contributor III
#1-You need to be running a Desktop Standard or Advanced license to work with attachments.  Not Basic.
#2-I finally got mine to successfully run when every feature had at least one attachment.  I had some features that did not have attachments and that bombed it out.
Hope that helps!
0 Kudos
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor
I am still having this problem on 10.2.1. I have a feature service that I created a while ago. The downloaded copy still does not contain attachments.

I need to republish to change the schema, but I cannot do so because I will lose all the attachments.

Have you been able to figure this out???  I need to republish a HFS to change the schema and I also can't because I will lose all the attachments...I have some points that have photo attachments and some that do not.  Not all of my points need attachments.

Thanks!
-Jessica
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I would recomend you posting this issue in the Desktop forum to see if they have a resolution for downloading the attachments from a hosted service. You can also try this python script which will pull down the features along with the attachments.

https://gist.github.com/oevans/6992139

Russ
0 Kudos
NanettePratini
New Contributor

I have tried all of these solutions and am still having similar issues. I am able to create a local database that includes a table and a relate for the attachments, and in ArcMap I can view the attachments in a popup window just fine, but it looks like the attachments (photos) are still in the cloud somewhere.

I can see that a local copy of the photo is created in my /temp folder when I view it or right click on the filename, but that all goes away when ArcMap is closed. I want to be able to have everything local, including the attachments, to give to the client when the project is over.

0 Kudos