Mixed results used tiled caches in Collector.

Jump to solution
07-28-2014 11:46 PM
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to get as much of our internal tile cache onto Collector as possible.

We have a 1.2+TB tile cache which is built down to 1:1K.

BUT it's not built down to 1K everywhere.  In some areas we only build down to 1:18K.

I've had previous success using Export Tile Cache from our physical tile cache into a TPK and using in Collector (90GB tpk file).

The reason it's only 90GB out of an original 1.2TB is the fact we're only building down 1K when there is high quality imagery.

But it seems to be hit and miss.  Sometimes when I make these exports all they do is crash Collector.

Our tile caches are all Web Merc.

I don't want to use the standard procedure described in the doco Go offline since we have tile caches already built and to run them again for the extent we're talking about is ludicrous.

Are there some undocumented setting when using Export Tile Cache to TPK tool to make it work?   e.g. it seems you can't just export an Area of Interest. You have to export the entire extent.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
SarahMoussadji
Occasional Contributor

Hey Russ,

He is still seeing the issue after upgrading to 10.2.5. His colleague can't replicate though, so I've asked my client to sign in to his colleague's device with his own AGOL account to see if this is somehow account related.

Is it worth pursuing this crash log on the android OS? I'm still unsure of where to locate it on an android device.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would contact support and see if they have a documented procedure for getting the logs from the customer. If it is account related we might need the account details to try and reproduce the issue.

Russ

0 Kudos
GaryMorris1
Occasional Contributor

The "Collector_timestamp" (where timestamp is the date/time of the crash)  is a crash log in the Settings app on iOS.  This only applies to the rare case where the app crashes.  If someone is seeing some error or warning when syncing, that will not be in a crash log.

0 Kudos
SarahMoussadji
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gary - does this file exist on an android OS? I looked in the settings app on my samsung, but I wasn't able to find a similar path to what Russell described on an iOS.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
GaryMorris1
Occasional Contributor

We found the reason for the crash on that particular map.  Russ already sent you a PM with a workaround.  We have identified a fix for this and it will be included in an update to Collector that will be available in a couple weeks.

0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for quick response.   FYI everyone if you change your popup date format to dd/mm/yyyy that's newly available on AGOL instead of the mm/dd/yyyy you'll crash Collector.  Thanks again. 

0 Kudos