Problem with Related Tables in New Collector Version, but Not in Collector Classic

02-19-2019 08:16 AM
ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

I recently upgraded my iOS devices to the new version of Collector. Now, when I go to add a new record in any of my related tables I get an error that says, "No collectable layers are visible." I can see the related table name and I can click on it, but when I click "Add" the error pops up. I do not get this error in Collector Classic. Are there any additional settings in the new version that I need to change?

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but the layer was originally created using Survey123 Connect, and the related tables were created as repeats.

For now, my crews can get by with Collector Classic, but I'd like to get this figured out so I can take advantage of the exciting new features that the new version will provide.

Thank you for your help.

24 Replies
IvanKozoletov1
New Contributor III

Same issue here, I have a web map containing point feature layer and related table. In the new Collector I don't even see option of viewing related data not to mention adding any new 

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

I was able to resolve these issues by downloading a republishing all of my feature layers with this issue from Pro. I then had to go in and alter my Survey123 XLS form to point to an existing feature service (the newly published feature layer).

This is not the most elegant solution as it can be time consuming if you have lots of data with these issues, however it does work.

Erica
0 Kudos
IvanKozoletov1
New Contributor III

I think my problem of related tables not showing up in Collector was related to the fact that I opened my web map in Map Viewer Beta and saved it, after that my related tables disappeared which makes sense as they not yet supported in Beta. As soon as I open the same web map in older version of map viewer and save there it = related tables become again fully available in new Collector for viewing & editing.

So if your related tables were published correctly but suddenly disappeared - I would try that first.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is now happening with our setup too, although our layers weren't created from Survey123. The layer we're trying to update was exported from AGO into a file geodatabase, reuploaded and republished. Added it to a new map and now receiving this error. Works just fine in the old collector though. This is one of many issues we've had with the new collector (but those issues are not in the old one) which makes me ask why did Esri feel the need to once again completely change something that was working? All the "new" features of the new collector don't matter much to me when the basics of the app do not work and we have to go back to the old version. How about just improve the old version instead of trying to replace it with new fancy stuff that doesn't work?

EthanDuke
New Contributor III

The bug mentioned is affecting us, as well. Related tables work in Classic, but not in the new Collector. Will follow the bug link mentioned.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried the setting Related Types setting in the app?  It filters related tables by default for some unknown reason.

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to help in the instances where we are having this issue.

Erica
0 Kudos
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Any workarounds to this, or how to "fix" a .gdb after it has been created with survey123? such as recreating the relationships etc...?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried the setting above.  I have 9 123 forms all related to a central FC and it all works fine.

0 Kudos
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Hi, yes I did, it was already set to "Show Related Types". However I'm experiencing the issues only on related ("stand-alone") tables, which were created as repeats with no geopoint/shape question in survey123. In your case, do you have a geopoint/shape question on your related tables? 

0 Kudos