Add a "Table" element to a dashboard

Jump to solution
03-21-2024 07:30 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

So in our Organizational AGOL account, I can add a "Table" element to a dashboard.  But, in our Portal (not sure on the version) I cannot do this.  Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing.  Is this just a deficiency in our Portal?? Or is this feature not available in Portal at all??

BrianBulla_0-1711031432520.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Generally speaking, ESRI rolls out widgets to its products in this order: AGOL -> Developer Edition -> Portal so it's likely that your Portal version is running behind or the functionality hasn't yet been pushed to Portal installs yet. As an example, if ESRI announces the release of new functionality at the UC in July, your Portal install won't see it until the end of the year (about a 2 quarter lag).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Generally speaking, ESRI rolls out widgets to its products in this order: AGOL -> Developer Edition -> Portal so it's likely that your Portal version is running behind or the functionality hasn't yet been pushed to Portal installs yet. As an example, if ESRI announces the release of new functionality at the UC in July, your Portal install won't see it until the end of the year (about a 2 quarter lag).

BrianBulla

Thanks @SteveCole .  Do you know if there is documentation anywhere that would say if the Table widget already exists in some version of Portal??  Perhaps we just need an upgrade on our end.

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Not easily, but I guess I would look at the "what's new" area of the online documentation and browse the previous versions section to see where it was introduced as a feature. There's also typically a blog post on the blog.arcgis.com site when they release new functionality so that's another place to search. I think the Javascript API lists when a feature/widget was added but you're not so lucky in this situation.

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

I guess the "Other Versions" dropdown on this link is what I am looking for.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/10.9/configure-widgets/table-widget.htm