ArcGIS enterprise portal 10.6 Roles for User Viewer, Publisher, not allowing sign in

01-26-2024 06:48 AM
Labels (1)
KThomasson
Occasional Contributor

Before anyone says you need to upgrade, yeah I know we are working towards that but due to complications with how the data structure is setup at the moment we cannot move them up to the latest versions.  so with that out of the way.

ArcGIS enterprise portal 10.6 is not allowing any role that has a User, Viewer, or Publisher role to sign into their account.  if I change them to Administrator then they can log in just fine, am I missing some setting that needs to be enabled to allow different Roles the ability's to sign into those accounts with those Roles?  This seems like it would be simple but I haven't seen any documentation on anything similar to this issue.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

We would run into something similar to this when we were on 10.7...  For whatever reason users with certain custom roles would all of a sudden not be able to login.. 

For us the only fix was to change their role, save and then change it back and save... We didn't have a ton of users at that time, so it wasn't a huge lift. 

Upgrading did seem to fix the problem 🙂 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
KThomasson
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I tried that at when this first started it did not seem to keep and it would just ask them to create a new log in, thanks for the information though.

0 Kudos
RanaDas
New Contributor III
0 Kudos