Error upgrading 10.9.1 to 11.0

Jump to solution
09-06-2023 06:32 AM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello, I have a few cases open with Esri at the moment, but have not found a resolution for my problem.

Once I reach the point where I insert the file it begins upgrading and immediately errors out on the upgrade database portion. I have restarted Portal components and restarted my machine, nothing seems to work. I upgraded to 10.9.1 earlier this year without any issues.

Laura_0-1694007083141.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

Somewhere there should be an upgrade log file on portal server that has a more detailed message of what failed. I wish I could tell you where it is exactly but it has been several years since I got that error during an upgrade. It might actually be recorded in the standard portal log file (Drive:\arcgisportal\logs\servername\portal) or that log might point you to the log file I am thinking about.

That is how I found out at an item somehow got on the data migration list twice and that was causing the upgrade database to fail for me.

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ann-MarieFalkowski1
New Contributor III

Hello, 

We ran into this exact issue when upgrading from 10.9.1 to 11.1. For us, it was a permissions issue. The ArcGIS Server account did not have explicit permissions on the arcgisserver folder on one of the federated servers. I granted the ArcGIS Server account full control to the folder and was able to complete the upgrade. I would check the following folders: 

• ArcGIS Server
      • Check <installation_drive>:\arcgisserver
      • Check <installation_drive>:\Program Files\ArcGIS
      • Check <installation_drive>:\Python 27
    • Portal for ArcGIS 
      • Check <installation_drive>:\arcgisportal 
    • ArcGIS Data Store 
      • Check <installation_drive>:\arcgisdatastore
-Ann-Marie
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks,

My permissions were all fine though. 

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

Somewhere there should be an upgrade log file on portal server that has a more detailed message of what failed. I wish I could tell you where it is exactly but it has been several years since I got that error during an upgrade. It might actually be recorded in the standard portal log file (Drive:\arcgisportal\logs\servername\portal) or that log might point you to the log file I am thinking about.

That is how I found out at an item somehow got on the data migration list twice and that was causing the upgrade database to fail for me.

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien