Problem moving config-store

03-06-2013 04:59 AM
ArthurAbbie
New Contributor II
Hi all,

Server 10.1 sp1, win2008r2, vmware, site has 3 servers in 2 clusters.

I am trying to move our config-store from one network share to another using Server Manager.  It tells me it is 'Copying site configurations to the new configuration store'.

Then, after a while, I get an error saying 'Another administrative operation is currently accessing the store. Please try again later.' Error code in the log is 6540 - Failed to update the config store... mmhm... helpful...

I have tried again later quite a few times... with services started and stopped - always the same error.

Most of the config-store files/folders do seem to get copied ok but can't be 100% sure of that.

Anyone else had this happening? Any ideas how to fix? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Arth.
Tags (2)
11 Replies
BryanKaraffa
New Contributor III

Arthur Abbie wrote:

Hi all,

Server 10.1 sp1, win2008r2, vmware, site has 3 servers in 2 clusters.

I am trying to move our config-store from one network share to another using Server Manager.  It tells me it is 'Copying site configurations to the new configuration store'.

Then, after a while, I get an error saying 'Another administrative operation is currently accessing the store. Please try again later.' Error code in the log is 6540 - Failed to update the config store... mmhm... helpful...

I have tried again later quite a few times... with services started and stopped - always the same error.

Most of the config-store files/folders do seem to get copied ok but can't be 100% sure of that.

Anyone else had this happening? Any ideas how to fix? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Arth.

I too am experiencing this exact same issue.  Trying to move the configuration store and am receiving the error "name is null" after a while.  It appears like it copies the files alright to the new destination, however it does not complete successfully and the configuration path is never changes.

We are running a single GIS server (not clustered) and I have even tried setting the configuration path to "C:\arcgisserver\config-store" and receive the same error.

Help is appreciated if anybody has overcome this issue!

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same issue: receiving the error "name is null" when trying to move the config store. Previously noted workaround to change configuration path in xml files do not solve the problem for me. Any help appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos