Apply filter to specific features only

Jump to solution
a month ago
JoshBerna
New Contributor III

Hey everyone, I have a question that may or may not be obvious. I have an experience with multiple filters. One of these filters I would like to only apply to a subset of features. Is there a way to make it so that a filter only applies to specific features without utilizing multiple layers?

For instance, I have a parking spot map, and I'm building an experience around it. There is a parking garage with 4 floors. I have a specific field "parking garage floor," which is filled in for those spots within the garage with their respective floor number. For all other spots, this field is blank. I would like to filter by floor number for only those spots within the garage. As it stands, I have been unable to make it so this filter does not hide all other spots across the map when it is enabled. In a previous version of the experience, I recall being successful in this pursuit, though I am unsure how I did this, or if I am even recalling correctly.

I suppose I could leave it a jumbled mess, as users will still be able to view specific floors if they enable the filter, but I would prefer only one floor be shown at a time, as well as all other spots outside of the garage.

I hope this is possible. Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III

Sounds like you could use 2 clauses in your filter.

Show me all Parking Spots where Floor = 2 AND all Parking Spots where Floor is blank.

See attached for 2 expressions using AND in a filter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TimLohnes1
New Contributor III

Sounds like you could use 2 clauses in your filter.

Show me all Parking Spots where Floor = 2 AND all Parking Spots where Floor is blank.

See attached for 2 expressions using AND in a filter.

JoshBerna
New Contributor III

Oh my lord, what a dunce move. I can't believe I didn't think of this. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos