Show data in spatially related tables that aren't able to be related via attributes

Jump to solution
09-29-2023 12:44 PM
ruikaitang_brampton
New Contributor II

Currently I have a parcel layer that only has a primary key in the attribute table (i.e. there's a unique PIN for each polygon, but no other attributes). On the same map, there are some point data layers, but these point data layers do not have the PIN of the parcel layer in their attribute tables, and thus cannot be related via attributes to a parcel polygon.

If I wanted to show information on the points located within a given parcel polygon when it is selected, how would I do this. I know the brute force way would just to do a spatial join for each layer so that they can be related via attributes, but I was wondering if there was a more elegant solution to this problem.

I'm currently using the Near Me widget, but it doesn't quite have the functionality I want as I can't limit the number of results shown (only limited by distance from dropped pin), and there's also no way to determine of the results given are all actually within the parcel polygon (since they vary in size).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnbrosowsky
Occasional Contributor II

When you don’t have a common attribute between your layers, you can try using an arcade geometry function.  You could configure this directly in the webmap popup for your parcel layer: 

Pump up Your Pop-ups With Arcade FeatureSets and the Living Atlas (esri.com)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
johnbrosowsky
Occasional Contributor II

When you don’t have a common attribute between your layers, you can try using an arcade geometry function.  You could configure this directly in the webmap popup for your parcel layer: 

Pump up Your Pop-ups With Arcade FeatureSets and the Living Atlas (esri.com)

0 Kudos