Info popup won't appear for map service, Explorer Desktop 1750, Windows 7 64 bit

01-24-2012 06:22 AM
AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III
Information popup works fine when using layer packages. However, when trying to get an information popup with a map service, get the clockwise status indicator for a split second, then no results. The same map service responds fine to info tool in ArcGIS Desktop. Query is turned on for the map service. Map service works well otherwise, but can't use it in Explorer Desktop without the popup functionality.

Don't have an external IP address to be able to use the map service with Explorer Online.

Back to static layer packages, I guess.

Thanks for any help on this.

Amy Brassieur
GIS Manager
Iberia Parish Government
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III
Tried some of my older services, based on obsolete data. Those services did give a popup in ArcGIS Explorer Desktop 1750. I haven't changed the way I'm creating the services, and went through all their properties to see if anything was different.

I can't figure out why my new services won't give an info popup in ArcGIS Explorer Desktop. They DO give info popups in ArcMap.

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks,

Amy
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
Amy:

Do you have scale dependencies set for the map layers in your map service?  See this Bug:

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/role/beta10_1/TklNMDYyNDUx
0 Kudos
AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III
Joe,

Thanks so much for the bug notice. I just removed the scale dependency, re-created service, and looks like the build 1500 bug is still alive and well in build 1750.  Without the scale dependency, the info popup works fine.

Good news and bad news - I have info, but also one heinously ugly map.

I guess I have to choose between elegant looks and functionality.

Again,

Thanks for your tip.

Amy
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
I reported the bug for build 1500. It wasn't fixed in build 1700. Still not fixed in build 1750...  Being able to get attribute information is so important to delivering a useful tool to others. Likewise, building an optimized map service, that is, one with scale dependencies for layers that should not be on at small scale is also important on the client-side and server-side.
0 Kudos
BradfordFolta
Occasional Contributor
I reported the bug for build 1500. It wasn't fixed in build 1700. Still not fixed in build 1750...  Being able to get attribute information is so important to delivering a useful tool to others. Likewise, building an optimized map service, that is, one with scale dependencies for layers that should not be on at small scale is also important on the client-side and server-side.

Found this thread after doing another search after posting about this issue myself. Seems like this bug is still alive and well - which I don't quite understand - wouldn't this bug be at or near the TOP of the list to fix?

ESRI - can you please respond to this thread and let people know when they will be able to use popups in AGX if they also choose to use scale dependencies for map service layers?