The Feature service reference is invalid.

07-24-2013 07:25 AM
KautilyaSanghavi1
New Contributor
Hi,

I have a feature service and a map service created on our ArcGIS server.  Service is viewable by everyone as it is present on our external server.  I am able to view the service on a map in ArcGIS.com but when I try to view in ArcGIS Explorer Online I get the following message

"The Feature Service reference is invalid.  The feature service could not be added to the map." 

Any suggestions on what might be causing this error and how do I get my services to show up on ArcGIS Explorer online.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShellyGill1
Esri Contributor
Hi,

The Troubleshooting help topic describes a few different reasons you can get this message - you have already ruled out a few of these as you say the service is usable in other clients, so perhaps it is a tiled service with a different spatial reference to the basemap you're using?
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisexplorer/help/#/Troubleshooting/01560000004p000000/
"the service may be a tiled map service published using a spatial reference (coordinate system) which does not match the current map, and therefore cannot be added to the current map. This message may also be shown if the service is a WMS service which does not support an appropriate coordinate system to match that of the basemap. In this case, you may be able to create the map using the ArcGIS.com map viewer, and then open the map in Explorer Online."

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
KautilyaSanghavi1
New Contributor
Hi,

I removed the base map now I get the error "service is not available due to security policy on the server"
0 Kudos