Cannot Download Offline Area: Error code 500 "Create replica internal error', "Unable to create replica. Please check parameters"

Jump to solution
04-02-2024 09:32 PM
Kristy_Snyder
New Contributor

Hello.  I am getting an error when trying to download offline areas. Error code 500, "Unable to create replica. Please check parameters", along with several "Found an Exploded Map Package" errors. Map was downloading offline area a few days ago.

The only thing that changed with the database was connection of two feature layers to an Experience Builder. Datasets are connected to filters, list widgets, and edit widgets. Could the connect of these hosted feature layers to the Experience Builder be causing the error? Any information helps! Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinColville
Esri Contributor

Hello,

We have a recently reported issue with Experience Builder and offline maps, that the teams are working on fixing, that you might be running into.  The issue is:

"Configuring the Search widget with a layer source from a map in ArcGIS Experience Builder creates field indexes with '-' in the name that will cause SQLite replicas to fail for the feature layer."

To check if this is the problem, you can look at the layers settings page in Online and in the Manage Indexes section view the Field Indexes.  If you see an index name with a hyphen ('-'), this might be the issue you are seeing.

JustinColville_0-1712163771720.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JustinColville
Esri Contributor

Hello,

We have a recently reported issue with Experience Builder and offline maps, that the teams are working on fixing, that you might be running into.  The issue is:

"Configuring the Search widget with a layer source from a map in ArcGIS Experience Builder creates field indexes with '-' in the name that will cause SQLite replicas to fail for the feature layer."

To check if this is the problem, you can look at the layers settings page in Online and in the Manage Indexes section view the Field Indexes.  If you see an index name with a hyphen ('-'), this might be the issue you are seeing.

JustinColville_0-1712163771720.png

Kristy_Snyder
New Contributor

Yes, I am seeing three different fields with hyphens. How would I remedy this situation? Would I just need to remove the search widget and the associated indexes?

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

I can confirm that removing these indices with "-" has resolved the issue on our layers. Thanks for sharing, this mystery was driving me crazy.

@JustinColville - Is there an ETA for a hotfix or patch on this behavior? I have suggested to our staff to not use the search widget for the time being.

0 Kudos
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

I was going crazy with my maps that were working just fine. The same error as OP and I found one layer with the "-" on the index name, created by Experience Builder widget. After removing the layer from the map, the map started to work just fine as before.

So, the big question is: when are you going to stop Experience Builder making those indexes names that are preventing taking offline the maps?

MJ

TomReyes
New Contributor III

I have also been experiencing this problem. I deleted and re-created the broken indexes and it resolved the issue, however it seemed to popup again this morning and I had to repeat the process.

Is this bug being addressed in an update soon?

0 Kudos
JustinColville
Esri Contributor

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

The Experience Builder team is planning to fix this in the next release, which is scheduled for mid June.

@Jianxia 

0 Kudos
JustinColville
Esri Contributor

From the settings page, you should be able to delete those indexes from the layer and recreate them with a different name, without any hyphens