Open Field Maps from a link without opening a browser

03-25-2021 09:05 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to open the Field Maps app on iOS from a link that I've emailed to myself following the guidelines here:

Deploy your map—ArcGIS Field Maps | Documentation

As far as I can tell I'm using the correct syntax but whenever I click on a link it opens up the Edge browser on my phone and goes to a page where it prompts me to download Field Maps from either the Apple or Google Play store. 

The app is already installed on the device via Microsoft Intune so how do I force it to open that instance of the app rather than open the web browser?

13 Replies
ashubra
New Contributor III

Any update on getting this to open up without copy paste into safari?

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you using an MDM to deploy Field Maps and have potential restrictions set on  your device Browser? The team was never able to reproduce this issue even while testing with Intune MDM deployment. Happy to investigate further if we can determine what is unique in these setups causing the app links to open in Edge. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
NicholeBallard
New Contributor

Bump. Having this issue on Android. Even pasting link into google will not prompt it to open in the app

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@NicholeBallard is it opening the Browser to a Field Maps page for you? On Android you may want to check the following (could vary depending on android version):

Go to Settings > Apps > Field Maps > "Defaults" section > tap Set as default > ensure Open supported links is toggled on.

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos