Switch off the blue + (add data) button from Field Map Android/iOS app?

12-04-2023 04:17 AM
JonathanBowes
New Contributor III

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch off/ disable/hide the blue + (add data) button from the Android/iOS apps?  I have a pretty standard workflow of starting new inspections from existing farm points, and associated new non-compliance point/line features via relationship classes. My colleagues have been trained to use the pop-ups to capture these things to maintain the relationship linkages BUT some are still using the dreaded blue plus button to capture things - using this button doesn't enforce the relationship linkages and creates features that just 'float' free not related to anything. I want to avoid this so removing that would really help.

Anyone cracked this at all ??

Thanks

Jonathan

JonathanBowes_1-1701687480355.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

It seems like the only way to get rid of that is to adjust what kind of editing is applicable to the layers in the map.  If even one of them has "Add" editing, then you will see the + sign.

If all they need to do is "Update" and/or "Delete", just uncheck the "Add" editing from the service and the + sign will go away.....but you need to do this for ALL layers that are editable in the web map.

BrianBulla_0-1701719014027.png

0 Kudos
JonathanBowes
New Contributor III

Hi @BrianBulla,

Thanks for the tip and you're right it does remove the blue + button BUT it also prevents adding related records via the popups. It is exactly this part I need to maintain as my workflow so it seems its all or nothing. frustrating to say the least.

Oh well. Cheers Brian.

0 Kudos