Access denied. Only machine administrators are allowed to create administration .....

09-11-2013 04:37 PM
DanielMcAlister
New Contributor II
I'm getting an error (when trying to upgrade from 2.2) that seems to point to permission issues, but I doubt it as I'm installing as sharepoint admin. The install procedure tests the environment and proceeds then I get "access denied. only machine administrators are allowed to create administration service job definitions of type: Microsoft.sharepoint.administration.spsolutiondeploymentjobdefinition, Microsoft.sharepoint, version=14.0.0.0, culture=neutal, Publickeytoken= Now I'm left with no version running as it seems to have successfully uninstalled the old version. I didn't know you had to have Portal or an ArcGIS Online account, we just have ArcGIS Server could this be the issue? Thanks Dan.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Dan,

If you haven't already, could you contact Esri Support for additional help with this?

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
DanielMcAlister
New Contributor II
Katy, thanks just got off  the phone with tech support. The problem was that I had to run setup.exe as administrator. Not just running it as someone with Administrative privileges, I.E. you have to right click on the .exe and select run as administrator. Now I'm good, thanks - Dan
0 Kudos