attributes don't display in Table

05-06-2011 05:34 AM
olivierdev
New Contributor III
I have developped an extension using the extensibility API.
This tool does spatial analysis and query. The result of analysis is put in a GraphicsLayer (named ResultGraphicsLayer). Each graphic has attributes used for charting.
The problem is when the graphicsLayer is populated, the graphics are displayed correctly but the table doesn't show any attribute (no column headers and no value), the symbol tools are not enabled (impossible to change symbology).
If I click on "Select All features" in the ruban, the table view is still empty but the status bar in this table view displays the number of features in the layer.
In my Map Content, I have other layers (sharepoint list, arcgis server). If I use the findNearby tool on one of these layer to select features on my graphicsLayer (ResultGraphicsLayer), the table view is filled, and then I can view header columns and attributes values for this layer.
the symbology tools are still disabled.

How to get attribute displayed in the Table as soon as the graphicslayer is populated?

Any idea is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

olivier
0 Kudos
2 Replies
olivierdev
New Contributor III
I found out a solution : just need to do it in the right order : create graphics and populate it with attributes, add graphic to graphicslayer, then add graphics layer to the map. In that way the table will be populated. If you first add the layer to the map, then populate the layer with graphics, the table won't display anything.

hope this could help someone.

olivier
0 Kudos
Martinvan_der_westhuizen
New Contributor
Hi,

I't sure did help. Have the same issue in ArcGIS Viewer for MS Silverlight Beta 2 when reusing the graphics layer to add to existing results or clearing and adding new result sets. Added workaround by removing graphics from map and adding it back after every query. 😕

Thanks,
Martin

Added post on Beta forum.
https://betacommunity.esri.com/project/forum/post.html?cap=BFACF472571E4F15AA5392AF865A1ABA&forid={F...
0 Kudos