Delay with ArcGIS for Windows Mobile provided keyboard interface

06-25-2013 10:43 PM
VishApte
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I have a customer who is using ArcGIS for Windows Mobile on HP tablet with Atom processor running Windows 8.

Customer is complaining that ArcGIS Mobile's keyboard being too slow on this hardware. When user is editing the textual field, there is a 1-3 seconds delay between user pressing a key using stylus and the value appearing in the text box. If user uses Windows 8 provided keyboard, there is hardly any delay. Anyone knows why this behaviour and if ArcGIS Mobile keyboard can be disabled permanently?

Thanks,
Vish
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AkhilParujanwala
New Contributor III
I am using a Panasonic CF-U1 Toughbook, running Windows 7 and I am also experiencing a lot of lag. The CPU is also an Atom and I believe it is too slow for ArcGIS Mobile.

I might just create my own desktop application using WinForms instead. Although I am still using 10.0 build 2550.
0 Kudos
PeterFerretti
New Contributor III
Has anyone found a solution for this? We are running a Lenovo 2 Tablet with WIndows 8.1 and the keyboard delay is a big problem. Thanks.
0 Kudos
WilliamSands
New Contributor III
Hi,
We are running a few Trimble Yuma 2 Windows 7 tablets (Atom N2600) with the same issue, but when tapping on a text field we get the option of having the Tablet PC Input Panel appear which operates perfectly with no lag whatsoever. It lays on top of the white ArcGIS Mobile keyboard.
Do a search in Windows for "Tablet PC Input Panel" to turn it on, there are quite a few options.

I don't think it is the speed of the processor, as the Windows one works fine, just poor compatibility from ESRI.
0 Kudos