Mobile Cache Data Not Pulled into Mobile Cache at 10.2.1

01-14-2014 08:29 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor
Hi-
Does anyone know what might cause the Create Mobile Cache 10.2 tool to only create the mobile cache schema and NOT pull the datafrom a 10.2.1 map after publishing as a 10.2.1 map and mobile service?

Esri, do you have a response?

Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
18 Replies
selcukcelik
New Contributor
Did you all try to set your Coordinate System "transformation" to WGS84?
0 Kudos
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III
David,
Thank you so much for sharing the solution you found to this problem.  I changed the projection in my mxd to something else, reset the full extent, and now the mobile cache is finally working.  I was struggling with this for quite a while before I came upon this post.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
JodyWilson
New Contributor III
I had issues with my 10.2.1 cache as well when I was trying to bring it onto my mobile device.  seems there is a issues with the conf.xml and Conf.xml. I believe esri is just beginning to work on this as for some reason I was the first to report it.....if your having issues this may also be the problem.
0 Kudos
IanReid1
New Contributor

Hi

I am also having the same issue - works fine on 10.2 but 10.2.1 caches are empty.  10.2.1 caches seem to work if the datum isn't projected but when a PCS is used the caches are empty?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Ian-

Correct.  I am still using the same method above at 10.2.2 for getting around empty caches when using HARN.  Once the data frame has been given a correct transformation, whether from HARN to Standard State Plane or WGS84, then re-set back to HARN, the full caches will be created.  A minor work-around really.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I had the same issue with ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2. After the publication of the service, the map and feature services work well, however, when I have added the mobile service to the Mobile Project Center, the map was totally empty. Furthermore, I was not able to create a full cache with the Create Mobile Cache Geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2.

The projection of my data and dataframe is in the Dutch RD_new projection. After changing my dataframe to WGS84, a reset of the dataframe extent and changing it back to RD_new projection both the Geoprocessing Tool and Mobile Services works as expected.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Just a quick update.  I've tested mobile cache creation and mobile sync tools on desktop 10.2.2 against a map and mobile service published to ArcServer 10.3 from a 10.2.2 desktop and there are no issues, excepting the projection bug mentioned throughout this post. 

I have also successfully synced a mobile cache with with it's 10.3 service with no issues through an SDK application.

I will be testing the mobile project center projects against 10.3 mobile content server for any sync issues and report back

David

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

As noted earlier - I have successfully downloaded a mobile project from ArcServer 10.3 mobile content server and synchronized downloads and uploads from a 10.2 mobile project deployed on Windows 7-64.  I am unable to test a Windows Mobile deployment. 

By keeping a desktop at one of the 10.2 releases, you can continue to publish a map and mobile service to ArcServer 10.3, create the necessary mobile cache, download projects from the mobile content server, and synchronize data changes back to the server.

As soon as ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2.1 comes out, I can update my remaining desktops.

David

0 Kudos
EmmettMercier1
New Contributor

This still does not work for me. I have tried changing the dataframe projection and extent many time but it still does not show any features in the mobile project center. My data is in NAD83 HARN MI stateplane south International feet. I have tried changing it to stateplane without HARN, resetting the extent, and then back, but no luck. I also tried creating the cache with reverting back to HARN, and again no luck. I tried removing the projected CS and just going with NAD83 and WGS84, nothing has worked. Features will not even appear when cache is created in one of these projections without reverting back to the original projection type.

I have done exactly what is being explained in the above replies but it has not worked for me. I am using 10.2.2.

0 Kudos