Where is Street Map for Mobile?

03-14-2011 11:09 AM
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
Hello Everyone,

I am sure that I am going to slap myself in the forehead after someone answers this.  Today, I downloaded ArcGIS Mobile 10 (build 2475) and installed it on my desktop machine to the default location.  I wanted to create a simple mobile application to start out with, but needed to carry my basemap with me because I will not be connected to the internet.  When trying to "Add Base Map Layer" - "Street Map", I cannot find the Street Map product on my machine anywhere.

Is there a separate download for Street Map for Mobile?  Is it in the Esri Data & Maps for ArcGIS 10 product download?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Hongliang
New Contributor
I have the same question - where is the Street Map for Mobile? Can anybody provide a pointer here? Thanks.
0 Kudos
MartinCopping
Esri Contributor
The correct name for "Street Map for Mobile" is "Esri StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS Mobile 10".

This is a data product licensed for use with ArcGIS Mobile 10.

We are working to finalize entitlements to this data product for our ArcGIS Server & ArcGIS Desktop customers. Once we do so, there will be an official announcement from Esri.
Martin Copping
Product Manager, ArcGIS Online - Dashboards
0 Kudos
ApurvaGoyal
New Contributor III
Is it possible to use this data for WPF based application?

Thanks

Apurva

The correct name for "Street Map for Mobile" is "Esri StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS Mobile 10".

We are working to finalize entitlements to this data product for our ArcGIS Server & ArcGIS Desktop customers. Once we do so, there will be an official announcement from Esri.
0 Kudos
JamesMitchell_Jr_
New Contributor II
I was just told by an ESRI Rep that I needed to have an ArcPad License to gain access the Esri StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS Mobile 10 data. Does anyone know if this is correct? I'm using ArcGIS Mobile without ArcServer and was hoping to use the Streetmap Premium data as a basemap for our mobile projects. I'm confused on why I would need to purchase an ArcPad license.

0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
No, that wasn't correct. You do not need to purchase ArcPad to utilize Esri StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS Mobile 10. There are multiple Esri StreetMap Premium products that work with Esri software applications and have separate licensing restrictions. Meaning Esri StreetMap Premium for ArcPad will not work with ArcGIS Mobile or ArcLogistics Navigator (same true for all mobile solutions). Esri StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS Mobile 10 is a data product licensed for use with ArcGIS Mobile 10 only. However, Martin's comment still holds true in that "We are working to finalize entitlements to this data product for our ArcGIS Server & ArcGIS Desktop customers."

Please contact Esri Customer Service to request Esri StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS Mobile 10 data product.

Denise
0 Kudos
JamesMitchell_Jr_
New Contributor II
Denise62,

I contacted Customer Service and they told me that this layer is only available in the 10.1 Beta is that correct? Thanks! This is getting confusing. 🙂
0 Kudos
NicolasBiboba
New Contributor
The new version 10.1.1 has been released and more than one year has past since the last post.
Any news from the finalization work on the entitlements ?

I am working with ArcGIS mobile 10.1.1 and would like to deploy a base map for a disconnected application with windows 7 OS.

I would like to add a StreetMap basemap to my project. When looking at the help :
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/windows-mobile/app/index.html#/na/007v0000002m000000/
it shows a folder named "StreetMap ". Where does it come from ? I did not get any when installing ArcGIS mobile.

When I look at the help from ArcGIS mobile, it is written :
"StreetMap for Windows Mobile is a vector-based data product licensed for use with ArcGIS for Windows Mobile and includes datasets for North America and Europe."
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/windows-mobile/app/index.html#//007v00000026000000

So here are my questions :
- Have I access to StreetMap data for free if I have a licence ArcGIS for Windows mobile ?
- If yes, where am I supposed to find these data ?
- If no, how does it work (price, download ...)

Thanks
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Nicolas,

Yes, StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile is included with your ArcGIS for Desktop or Sever license; see NOTE below for StreetMap entitlements. At ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3.1 release, StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile was listed as separate download in Customer Care Portal > Software Downloads > Download Now tab; however noticed StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile isn't listed currently.

An alternative method to obtain StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile is to request backup media DVD via Customer Care Portal > Software Downloads >  Request Backup Media tab.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23932[/ATTACH]             [ATTACH=CONFIG]23934[/ATTACH]
        AGWM 3.1                              AGWM 10.1.1

I'll look into this further and update Forums post after learning how customers obtain StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile data for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1 release.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,
Denise

Note:  Single license of StreetMap for Windows Mobile comes with each included ArcGIS for Windows Mobile license with the purchase of ArcGIS for Desktop. For ArcGIS for Server Enterprise Advanced licenses, 100  StreetMap for Windows Mobile licenses are included. Additional licenses can be purchased in bundles of five or fifty.
0 Kudos
NicolasBiboba
New Contributor
Ok, so from what I understood of the note, I cannot have a licence of  StreetMap for Windows Mobile if I only purchase ArcGIS for Windows Mobile license assuming that I already have a ArcGIS Desktop.

Is that right ?

Thank you for keeping us aware of how to obtain StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile data for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1.
0 Kudos