GeoEvent Connection for OneSolution CAD

01-23-2023 03:53 PM
Aaron_Seifert_GISP
New Contributor II

We are interested in getting CAD Vehicle AVL data to GeoEvent in order to push to an Operations Dashboard. Does anyone know if CentralSquare has developed a connector for OneSolution to GeoEvent or if anyone has done this workflow could provide some advice?

-Aaron Seifert
Guardian Medical Transport

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

Aaron, 

This has been out here awhile, but if you are still stuck maybe we can talk about the obstacles and see how if we can come up with some answers--  The first part is / should be easy, it's what the CAD interfaces support that might be trickier.  

0 Kudos
sw_-_AaronSeifert__GISS_
New Contributor III

@JeffSilberberg I missed your post until now! At this point I have figured out how to view the CAD database and export records to convert the XY data into points manually once a week.  What I am stuck on is the AVL/GPS table that is constantly receiving data from our ambulances of their locations and even speed.  I haven't found a way to only pick out the new records and convert the XY data into points to update a feature service in ArcGIS Enterprise. There are about 200k records in a given week. We also have GeoEvent server if that could be used.

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

@sw_-_AaronSeifert__GISS_ 

Yes, geoEvent is your answer most probably --  Create a feed first to get the data over, it can come from CAD or what ever is generating the location events directly.   Then create an Analytic with the feed as your source any processing you want to do, use a Field Mapper to calculate things link speedInMph verses Kph or what ever, tag the TrackId (unit number) and the create geoPoint for the report.   

Then you should output to Feature layers on .....LKL in this one be sure and specify that you want the layer to set the Data storage method to "Keep only latest feature for each Track ID value".   Now the Last Known Location will be current.  Also create another Feature Layer  ........Historical with "Add all new features" so that you have bread crumbs, and can create lines and tracks...   Note the names are not important the settings when you create the Layers are. 

0 Kudos