GeoEvents Maxing out ArcServer Connections>?

Jump to solution
07-14-2014 05:36 PM
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II

Have Vehicle and Aerial Resources over TCP -- get about 2-3k events fire and start to see a performance hit on the AGS.

Internal Server Error. Wait time of the request to the service

'WRMS/AVLService.MapServer' has expired.

Ultimately See the Server Coming to it's knees -- feel like I have read all of the docs and tut's confidence is high that in GEP things are configured correctly--am I missing something in AGS>>>??

Any Ideas ??

Ryan Elliott

0 Kudos
26 Replies
BrianLocke

Actually Everything is Versioned, I had noticed in the demos/Dev Summit Discussions I had not seen any versioned data in use and was suspect to think that this may be something to root out

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

Yes.  I believe that versioning is not yet supported.  That may be at least part of your problem.

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

Hmmm Alright I will give that a shot, is there location that I can find this in the documentation?? I kinda of feel that with a lot of the hacks that were looking to put in just for GEP were sacrificing a lot of with AGS, I am starting to think that people doing metadata are going to hate GEP....

0 Kudos
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

GEP doesn't support versioned database.

BrianLocke

Versioned data was the problem, recreated everything to be non versioned and everything is working great!!!!!

Thanks guys this one was really beating me up!

0 Kudos
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

Can you please check the Update Interval on the ArcGIS Server Connection? It is on the Data Stores of the Site page. Too frequent ArcGIS Connection update interval will greatly impact the ArcGIS Server performance.

BrianLocke

It is set to 5 Minutes

0 Kudos
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

This looks normal. Can you share the machine configuration (e.g. amount of memory, hard drive space, Windows version, number of cores)?

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

Yeah let me get to my admin the specs are pretty up there though

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

also do you know if it is possible to register a server that has the SSL enabled, seems like GEP does not like this>>

0 Kudos