Jump to solution
10-22-2014 11:33 AM
KDeVogelaere
Occasional Contributor

I am unable to import a GeoFence from a Map Service in GEP 10.2.2

MapService.png

please-wait.png

import-error.png

I have tried restarting GEP and ArcServer several times, I keep getting the same error.  Below is the output found in the Log for this error:

com.esri.ges.rest.service.interceptor.RuntimeExceptionMapper

Caught exception with no message. java.lang.RuntimeException at com.esri.ges.rest.datastore.internal.DataStoresRestServiceImpl.registerGeofence(DataStoresRestServiceImpl.java:266) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)[:1.7.0_51] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)[:1.7.0_51] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)[:1.7.0_51] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)[:1.7.0_51] at ...

map-service-dialog.png

field-def.png

field-properties.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarrieDavis
Occasional Contributor

Hi Katie,

Thank you for providing access to your data that you are using to publish this map service.  It appears that the issue is due to Null geometry in some of the features in the Employees Layer.  Try editing the feature layer to remove the addresses that scored "0" and republish the map service.  Let me know if you then have any issues with using it as a geofence.  Best Wishes,  Carrie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarrieDavis
Occasional Contributor

Hi Katie,

Thank you for providing access to your data that you are using to publish this map service.  It appears that the issue is due to Null geometry in some of the features in the Employees Layer.  Try editing the feature layer to remove the addresses that scored "0" and republish the map service.  Let me know if you then have any issues with using it as a geofence.  Best Wishes,  Carrie

0 Kudos