Detect Objects using Deep Learning Error When Using GPU Error 9999999 and Parallel Processing Job Timed Out

11-13-2023 04:12 AM
Labels (3)
MayarAlzerki
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am using a pretrained model for building detection on ArcGIS 3.0.0 Pro, when I set the processor type as CPU it works perfectly, but I want to use the GPU which is throwing these errors:

MayarAlzerki_0-1699877445861.png

My GPU is Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super. I checked if torch.cuda.is_available() returns true or not and it returned True.

Please help me in this.

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

@MayarAlzerki 

Can you share the name of the pre-trained model? Are you using a local raster (e.g tif , jpg) or using image service or webgis layer as an input raster? 

regards

Pavan 

0 Kudos
MayarAlzerki
New Contributor II

Hello Pavan,

Thank you for your response. The name of the pre-trained model is: Building Footprint Extraction - KSA.

Please find it through the following link: https://esrisaudi-ai.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=63785ee9860d4bd68cd82caccdcf1742

I'm using the world imagery service layer.

Thank you in advance,
Mayar

0 Kudos
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

@MayarAlzerkiI am sorry, I missed your last comment. When you use the World Imagery basemap layer, you need to define an extent (try a small one in the environment tab) and a cell size (something between 0.1 and 0.5). I agree, the error message was wrong. However, my understanding is that there are some licensing limitations on how you can use the World Imagery basemap as an input.

@VinayViswambharan can you comment on the usages of the world imagery for AI inferencing? 

thanks
Pavan

MayarAlzerki
New Contributor II

Hello @PavanYadav,

It's fine no worries, actually, I'm not working on it anymore, but on my free time I would give it a try for sure!

Appreciate your response. Thank you!

0 Kudos
VinayViswambharan1
New Contributor II

Hi @MayarAlzerki - The world imagery cannot be used for inferencing or programmatic access. It is violating the terms of use of the basemap (which is designed currently to be used only as a basemap).

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos
MayarAlzerki
New Contributor II

Hello @VinayViswambharan1!

Apologiess, I think that I did not get your point. Do you mean that it's not allowed in GPU only? Because I can do detection using my CPU

0 Kudos