Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online - Instant App (Sidebar) - Aggregated points pop-up

Jump to solution
12-05-2023 02:57 AM
James_Shreeve
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I've recently set up an Instant App (Sidebar) and added a couple of layers which have been aggregated/clustered using the Map Viewer. When I'm looking/interacting with this layer with the pop-up window within the sidebar it doesn't give me the option to 'Browse features' as the Map Viewer and normal pop-up within the app does. So, the user is unable to see the actual features and can only 'see' the clustered pop-up. I've gone over the configuration multiple times on Map Viewer and within the Sidebar app and can't see anything I've missed but would be happily proved wrong. Any ideas?

Examples of the 'Browse features' being available on the standard pop-up window. 

James_Shreeve_0-1701773506424.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertCollins
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

I've quickly tested this myself, and unfortunately, I think this looks like it's expected behaviour although it may be worth investigating further by raising a support case to confirm. 

The Sidebar Instant App appears to be showing the "feature pop-up content" of the top-most feature which in this case is the cluster, therefore the user is seeing the cluster summary. If we zoom in to a scale in which the cluster breaks down and we see individual features, we can then click on an individual feature and see this in the pop-up area of the Sidebar Instant App. 

I would suspect therefore that the Sidebar Instant App is configured to show the pop-up of the first feature interacted with (the top-most cluster in this case). 

I quickly created a Basic Instant App and the Browse Feature option was available. Perhaps a different Instant App would be worthwhile considering?

Alternatively, if you have more time to spend creating an application ArcGIS Experience Builder could be considered for more configuration options (e.g. if you wish to create your own sidebar style application). 

Hopefully this is useful, or another user can advise on whether it's possible to configure the Sidebar Instant App differently. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertCollins
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

I've quickly tested this myself, and unfortunately, I think this looks like it's expected behaviour although it may be worth investigating further by raising a support case to confirm. 

The Sidebar Instant App appears to be showing the "feature pop-up content" of the top-most feature which in this case is the cluster, therefore the user is seeing the cluster summary. If we zoom in to a scale in which the cluster breaks down and we see individual features, we can then click on an individual feature and see this in the pop-up area of the Sidebar Instant App. 

I would suspect therefore that the Sidebar Instant App is configured to show the pop-up of the first feature interacted with (the top-most cluster in this case). 

I quickly created a Basic Instant App and the Browse Feature option was available. Perhaps a different Instant App would be worthwhile considering?

Alternatively, if you have more time to spend creating an application ArcGIS Experience Builder could be considered for more configuration options (e.g. if you wish to create your own sidebar style application). 

Hopefully this is useful, or another user can advise on whether it's possible to configure the Sidebar Instant App differently. 

0 Kudos
James_Shreeve
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, 

Thanks for the quick reply. That all makes sense, it's a shame that it is the expected behavior though, especially when the aggregation is a style option within the Map Viewer. I have just reverted to having the pop-up within the map window as it works as expected there. It's not the end of the world at all, just wondered if anyone had experienced the same or found a way around it. 

The Sidebar app is currently just a stop-gap really, the plan is to utilise experience builder to build a much more custom based application. I just wanted something for the team to use in the interim until I have more time to development the EB app. 

It's useful because it confirms that it is the expected behavior, so thank you for that 🙂