¿Tax parcel viewer doesn't works?

10-07-2013 03:08 PM
JULIETABERNAL
New Contributor
Hi,

I try use this template http://tryitlive.arcgis.com/TaxParcelViewer/, but don't works... i think that is for the URL REST of the geometry service http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer.... when I do a clic in the map this is left loading.... is only to me?

thanks....
0 Kudos
10 Replies
ErnestCacciaglia
New Contributor
I have been told (and it appears to be accurate) the viewer is not currently working properly because it depends on a rest service hosted by the FCC which is presently unavailable due to the "government shutdown".  I would surely appreciate a work-around for this problem if someone has one...
0 Kudos
JayGeisen
New Contributor III
Have either of you found a good work-around?
0 Kudos
ErnestCacciaglia
New Contributor
I have not found a work-around.  I had considered substituting a local hosted "dummy" service, but without the rest service I am unable determine what fields are required.  It's too bad the application can't to handle this eventuality.
0 Kudos
JayGeisen
New Contributor III
I agree. The funny thing is, I don't even use the broadband service in my application. I have that tab hidden, but I guess it's still populating that data anyway behind the scenes. I've been working on stripping out all correspondence from my app to that service, but it's seemingly pretty embedded in the code. I'll let you know if I make any progress. If you could do that same, I'd appreciated it. Thanks
0 Kudos
ErnestCacciaglia
New Contributor
Commenting out the tab was the first thing I tried, too.  No Success.  I rather like the idea of a substitute service, because it might help me gain some insight into the application.  Wouldn't it be nice if ESRI would stand-up a "dummy" service, temporarily, until the Feds figure things out.  Oh well...
0 Kudos
PaulReichart
New Contributor
I commented out the line of code in the ShowProgressIndicator function in the util.js. It doesn't show the loading indicator but it gets us by until the shutdown is over or ESRI comes up with a fix.

function ShowProgressIndicator(nodeId) {
    //dojo.byId('divLoadingIndicator').style.display = "block";
}

Paul
0 Kudos
ErnestCacciaglia
New Contributor
That did it.  Nice work. Thanks
Ernie
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
I don't use this but took a quick look at it in Firefox with Firebug. Looks like the reference to the broadband service is located in the config.js file at line 135. Outside of this, search the various JS files for references to "PopulateBroadBandInformation" (Utils.js line 1289) and then comment out any call to it. That appears to be the function that queries the service for information and then populates the tab.

Good luck!
Steve
0 Kudos
ZhujingXia
Occasional Contributor II
hi,

Where can I get the source code for this parcel viewer?
http://tryitlive.arcgis.com/TaxParcelViewer/

I'd like to use map services to display map and parcel search
Thanks.
Zhujing
0 Kudos