Aptana 3.0 + JSAPI code assist

04-29-2011 12:38 PM
HaroldBostic
Occasional Contributor II
Can I use the http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/arcgisserver/apis/javascript/arcgis/help/jsapi_start.htm#jsapi/ap... with Aptana 3.0?  If so, how do I associate the file as the interface for Aptana has changed somewhat so the directions are not necessarily helpful for me

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
20 Replies
CharlesShore
New Contributor
"Studio 3 simplified greatly the concept of adding JavaScript content assist."

Typical ESRI -- by 'simplify' they mean making things 5 times more difficult, and basically unusable!
0 Kudos
JustinRobinson
New Contributor III
Is this in the works to ever be updated again? It'd be nice to have this functionality.

Or, is this completely orphaned and abandoned?
0 Kudos
AxelSchaefer
New Contributor II
"Studio 3 simplified greatly the concept of adding JavaScript content assist."

Typical ESRI -- by 'simplify' they mean making things 5 times more difficult, and basically unusable!

That quote didn't come from Esri but from the Aptana WIKI. Please try to read the quotes correctly before bashing someone here. Right now Aptana 3 doesn't even have an official and/or up-to-date Code Assist for DOJO.
0 Kudos
MatthewBorr
New Contributor III
Yeah, this is turning out to be a dead end, whether it is ESRI or Aptana's work. It's rather frustrating to have such promises of an incredibly useful tool, prompting the developer to download/install all of the software...and then be completely nonfunctioning, and therefore useless.

Hopefully at some point, somebody will address the functionality and make these outdated advertisements come to some sort of resolution.
0 Kudos
CoreyAlix
Occasional Contributor
I wanted to give code-assist a try but is the current recommendation for getting code assistance still Aptana 2.0 and JSAPI 2.3?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Kelly (ESRI) is there any roadmap (inc timeline) / update for where you guys are going to take the intellisense support & which products (if not aptana) that this will be introduced?

Brad
0 Kudos
DanMcCoy
Occasional Contributor III
From Kelly on another thread (10-14-2011):
Unfortunately we do not have a Code Assist  plug-in for any version of the API that works with Aptana Studio 3. At version 3, Aptana changed the way Code Assist works and there have been some technical challenges with building Code Assist for version 3. We are working to resolve these issues and hope to have an update soon.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/41685-Code-Assist-plugin-for-ArcGIS-JavaScript-API-2.5-not-availabl...
0 Kudos
SantiagoLastra
New Contributor
Please, check code assist for Aptana 3 y Visual Studio en:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jsapi_start.htm --> API Reference --> Code Assist Plugins

Best regards,
Santiago
0 Kudos
JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II
I just downloaded and installed Aptana 3 Studio, wanted to know if it has been updated to include JSAPI code assist, if yes, could anyone please give me the instructions to do that.
Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
JHayes
by
Occasional Contributor

3 years later and we're still waiting for the new code assist for Aptana 3? 

0 Kudos