Snapping Bug when Editing Vertices in Chrome

Jump to solution
02-15-2017 02:19 AM
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have found a major issue with the Snapping functionality that spans across all the applications that rely on the ArcGIS JavaScript API e.g. ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, Web App Builder, etc. Tested in the JS API 3.19.

The Snapping works well in all browsers when we are drawing an object. However, once the object is created and we decide to edit the vertices, the snapping fails in Chrome. This works well in Firefox and MS Edge. Sometimes we can even notice that the anchor point (displayed as the plus sign) used for the snapping is stuck in one of the vertices. This affects the editing experience as anything I do causes the changed vertex to snap to the anchor point ruining the whole graphic.

Can you please fix this or suggest a workaround? You can easily test this by dragging a polygon feature service to ArcGIS Online, edit the vertices and try to use snapping. I have checked the SnappingManager and there is nothing there that I can use to override this behavior.

Cheers,

Jose 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Hi,

This bug was marked to be fixed for the 3.21 release but apparently the fix was already included with the JavaScript API 3.20.

Cheers,

Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You might have better luck notifying esri through your channels since you are an employee.  Also, sometimes when a workaround is found (ie don't use Chrome), they may take a bit longer to get fixed

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This is a known bug. The BUG id is 000102090

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

now how did you get that, when it didn't show up on support! you must have a magic keyword list

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

I was just familiar with this one.

0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan / Robert,

Thanks for your help. I will escalate this appropriately within Esri as this is currently a critical issue for our solutions.

I will keep this post updated.

Cheers,

Jose 

0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Hi,

This bug was marked to be fixed for the 3.21 release but apparently the fix was already included with the JavaScript API 3.20.

Cheers,

Jose

0 Kudos