Maritime Chart Service OGC WMS Compliance

10-04-2021 02:55 AM
RussellEgypt
New Contributor II

I've successfully set up a Maritime Chart Service (REST) for demo and testing purposes within ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 on a Windows 10 Laptop environment, providing an S-57 ENC Web Service. I would like to make the Maritime Chart Service OGC WMS compliant as the Esri documentation indicates as being possible? Enabling the WMS Capability within the ArcGIS Server service for which the Maritime Chart Service is enabled, does not seem to be working, as it makes the actual ArcGIS Server service compliant and not the S-57 ENC Web Service?

Any help on the above issue will be highly appreciated!

Thank You, Regards

Russell

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I think the Esri Map Service is always going to be a container (although would happily be corrected on this as I find the available knowledge a bit arcane at times).  Is the WMS being accessed via <ServiceName>/MapServer/WMSServer

0 Kudos
RussellEgypt
New Contributor II

I successfully access the Maritime Chart Service (REST) via

https://.../server/rest/services/SANHO/SANHO_ENCService/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/MapServe...

Yes, I'm attempting to access WMS via the <ServiceName>/MapServer/WMSServer, but I get the container Esri Map service and not the Maritime Chart Service? 

0 Kudos
RussellEgypt
New Contributor II

Just an update, I've been able to add the Item to my portal using the WMS (OGC) Type with the following URL:

https://.../server/rest/services/SANHO/SANHO_ENCService/MapServer/exts/MaritimeChartService/WMSServe...

I've then been able to add the layer to a ArcGIS Web Map or ArcGIS Pro? Still, need to check if I can add the OGC WMS layer to any other compliant OGC WMS Viewer other than ArcGIS?

0 Kudos
TomDePuyt
Esri Contributor

Hi Russell,

I manage the ArcGIS Maritime server extension that you are using and would be happy to help answer any additional questions you might have.   It appears that you have been able to add our endpoints now.  Since we are a Server Object Extension (SOE), our MapServer and WMSServer endpoints are further down from the parent map service.  You should be able to add the WMSServer from Maritime Chart Service (MCS) to any OCG WMS compliant system.  

You can also reach me direct using our maritime@esri.com alias and I'm happy to assist via a conference call as well if you have additional questions about our capabilities.

0 Kudos