Installing ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3 Fails during Installation.

Jump to solution
12-21-2023 08:15 PM
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

There is a similar thread that seems to echo the same issue.

Windows Installation of ArcGIS Monitor fails before completion. 

Calling @ Derek Law !

Similar issues:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-monitor-questions/arcgis-monitor-2023-1-upgrade-failure-there-i...

Just before this error, there are some CMD windows that 'flash' past...

MichaelRobb_0-1703218312260.png

anyone know the fix?

Attempts:

Ran using elevated permissions - no change

Ran using admin account - no change

Ensure the prior 10.8 install is NOT running in Windows Services  (as per directions by ESRI)

Ensure the Prior MongoDB Install is not running in windows services

Event Logs do not provide any meaningful information.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MichaelRobb

Thanks Derek.  Knowing that this upgrade is not supported works for me.  Ill fully implement a new setup.

Happy holidays.

I will note that the upgrade instructions mentions to not uninstall previous version and that the install will upgrade.  nothing more.

MichaelRobb_0-1703266955039.png

ref https://doc.arcgis.com/en/monitor/latest/install/windows/upgrade-arcgis-monitor.htm 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI @MichaelRobb,

Marking this thread as "answered" because of this reason,

Knowing that this upgrade is not supported: migrating from ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 to ArcGIS Monitor 2023

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MichaelRobb,

If you open Services on the machine where Monitor will be installed, do you see an existing ArcGIS Monitor service?

GeoJosh_0-1703255620210.png

GeoJosh_1-1703255760721.png

Josh

MichaelRobb

Yes, this is the machine with the ArcGIS Monitor Server.  As per the instructions set by ESRI, I turned 'off' during install.

MichaelRobb_1-1703256314196.png

here is the control panel >> Programs list.

MichaelRobb_2-1703256395366.png

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

@MichaelRobb,

Can you please submit a support case for this issue? The solution to this issue depends on a few different environmental factors that should be investigated before proceeding, and an analyst will be able to help determine the best course of action. Shoot me a message with the case number after it is submitted and I will work with the analyst to get the information we need.

Josh

DerekLaw

Hi @MichaelRobb,

In addition to Josh's comments, installing Monitor 2023. on the same machine that has Monitor 10.8.1 installed is not recommended, nor supported. Please see question 5 in the ArcGIS Monitor FAQ.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

Thanks Derek.  Knowing that this upgrade is not supported works for me.  Ill fully implement a new setup.

Happy holidays.

I will note that the upgrade instructions mentions to not uninstall previous version and that the install will upgrade.  nothing more.

MichaelRobb_0-1703266955039.png

ref https://doc.arcgis.com/en/monitor/latest/install/windows/upgrade-arcgis-monitor.htm 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @MichaelRobb,

Thanks for the status update.

The help documentation you're referring to, is meant for ArcGIS Monitor 2023. So the statement is true, when upgrading from Monitor 2023.0, 2023.1, or 2023.2 - you can directly upgrade to 2023.3. It does not refer to Monitor 10.8.1.

Note we address moving from Monitor 10.8.1 to 2023 in question 6 in the FAQ I mentioned previously.

FYI, the help documentation for ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 is separate and can be found here.

Hope this helps and happy holidays,

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

FYI @MichaelRobb,

Marking this thread as "answered" because of this reason,

Knowing that this upgrade is not supported: migrating from ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 to ArcGIS Monitor 2023

0 Kudos