Monitor 2023.3 database connection

12-15-2023 01:58 PM
Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

I upgraded our ArcGIS Monitor to 2023.3 and now the database data is not showing correctly. There is a new Alerts section in the database and that seems to be breaking the database links to Monitor.

Pat_Gallagher_4-1702677336675.png

ArcGIS Monitor 2023.2

Pat_Gallagher_5-1702677365684.png

ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3

After the upgrade I am not getting any metric data showing in any serial chart. It looks like the database is not accepting any new information.

13 Replies
EvanMosby
Esri Contributor

Hi Pat,

Would you reach out to Support to start the diagnosis process? Thanks!

IrisHadarStltd
New Contributor III

I also upgraded our ArcGIS Monitor to 2023.3 and I having the same problem .

Database Monitor log shows error :"Retention management failed for table 'metrics_data'", but all the seems to collect data.

Did you receive any answer from support ?

0 Kudos
EvanMosby
Esri Contributor

Hi folks,

The dev team has been working with support today and have made good progress. We'll have a writeup this early week and share more information then.

GJameson
New Contributor II

Do you have an update, Evan? I'm experiencing the same issue as well. The update with hosted feature services are fantastic! Thanks in advance for your time.

0 Kudos
IrisHadarStltd
New Contributor III

Hi Evan

Thank you for providing the response.

Just to clarify, does the bug exclusively impact the display, or are there any potential ramifications for the underlying database?

0 Kudos
EvanMosby
Esri Contributor

Hi @Pat_Gallagher ,

I believe the issue you are encountering is a bug which prevents the schedule DB maintenance task from running, and new partitions are not created. This will be addressed in a 2023.3.1 patch we're compiling. As a workaround, running this manually via Admin > Database > Run should alleviate the issue and metrics data should begin to appear. If not, please reach out to support and we can diagnose further.

Hi @IrisHadarStltd @GJameson ,

We haven't been able to readily reproduce the "Retention management failed for table 'metrics_data'" error after an upgrade. Would you please reach out to support to get a ticket started? This will get us get more information to diagnose.

Thanks,

NaveenK
New Contributor II

Running the workaround also gives the same error message. It does not resolve the issue. I have opened a support case today. Thanks.

TristanMcHardie
New Contributor III

I've also just upgraded from 2023.2 to 2023.3 and have come across "retention management failed for table 'metrics_data’" in the logs. Metrics collection has stopped, and running the workaround above yields the same error. Any other workarounds or a timeframe for 2023.3.1?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @TristanMcHardie,

Any ... timeframe for 2023.3.1?

We're working to release ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 by the end of Jan.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos