Monitor broken after 2023.3.1 install

Jump to solution
01-30-2024 02:11 PM
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

I just upgraded to 2023.3.1 and it seems to have broken my deployment even more. Two of my ArcGIS Servers are not showing up and throwing errors when I try to run the observer.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

For those reading this in the future:

A bug was discovered in ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 that causes the ArcGIS Server discover observer to fail if the target ArcGIS Server site contains one or more usage reports whose name is all number. For example, users would run into this issue if a usage report named 123456 exists. The workaround is to delete the usage report via the ArcGIS Server admin endpoint.

If you are running into this defect but are unfamiliar with ArcGIS Server usage reports and how to manage them, please submit a case with Esri Support and reference this Esri Community thread in the case description.

Josh

View solution in original post

21 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @WhitneyLoy,

I'm sorry to hear you are facing these issues in Monitor 2023.3.1. I'm going to follow up with you privately to get more information specific to your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. If we are able to reach a solution, I will reply to this thread with more information.

Thanks,

Josh

valenj88
New Contributor III

Yah same.  For some reason my utility server (not main hosting server) connects just fine.  When I try to connect my main hosting server I get the following error:

An error occurred running the observer
Undefined is not a function

GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

For those reading this in the future:

A bug was discovered in ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 that causes the ArcGIS Server discover observer to fail if the target ArcGIS Server site contains one or more usage reports whose name is all number. For example, users would run into this issue if a usage report named 123456 exists. The workaround is to delete the usage report via the ArcGIS Server admin endpoint.

If you are running into this defect but are unfamiliar with ArcGIS Server usage reports and how to manage them, please submit a case with Esri Support and reference this Esri Community thread in the case description.

Josh

ChrisTaylor2
New Contributor III

Thank you @GeoJosh , this saved my bacon! It was exactly the problem I was running into, and thankfully a quick & easy solution (or at least workaround for now 😉).

Chris

AL_77
by
New Contributor III

Thank you! Just upgraded today and this was driving me bananas! 

AyushAggarwal
New Contributor

Hi @GeoJosh,

Thanks for addressing this. We were able to resolve this issue by deleting the all number named usage report, but only temporarily. These usage reports seems to be regenerating randomly and so simultaneously the observers start to fail. Is there any permanent fix for this? and are we expecting any patch or this?

Thanks,
Ayush 

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi@AyushAggarwal,

Sorry to hear you're still running into this issue. Can you let me know what version of ArcGIS Server you are running? There is no plans to release a patch for this specific issue at this time.

Josh

0 Kudos
AyushAggarwal
New Contributor

Hi @GeoJosh We are using ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

@AyushAggarwal,

We have found that the problematic ArcGIS Server usage reports are sometimes recreated when viewing the Statistic page in ArcGIS Server Manager (Logs > Statistics). Can you verify if this is the case for you?

Josh