Monitor broken after 2023.3.1 install

Jump to solution
01-30-2024 02:11 PM
WhitneyLoy
New Contributor III

I just upgraded to 2023.3.1 and it seems to have broken my deployment even more. Two of my ArcGIS Servers are not showing up and throwing errors when I try to run the observer.

21 Replies
SusanCarlson
New Contributor III

I just tested and yes, the Usage Report with all numbers came back. This was with stand-alone ArcGIS Server 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
SusanCarlson
New Contributor III

When I edit the existing default Statistic Reports or add a new report in ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 (all patches are up to date), the reports in Server Admin are all named with just numbers, including the edited default reports.

0 Kudos
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @GeoJosh. In my case, clearing usage reports with number-only names did not resolve the issue. We are running 11.1 on windows with two ArcGIS Servers participating in our site. I used server admin to delete two usage reports with number-only names. I restarted Monitor and both ArcGIS Servers. No change after waiting 2 hours, ArcGIS Monitor was unable to discover our ArcGIS Server site.

I decided to un-register the ArcGIS Server component and re-register it and it was immediately picked up. Is the work around you mentioned confirmed to work with a multi machine ArcGIS Server site?

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @tigerwoulds,

The workaround that I provided should work for any ArcGIS Server site, regardless of the deployment pattern. It sounds like there may have been an additional unrelated problem in your case. If you see this behavior again, please let us know before re-registering so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Josh

Feike
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

We have the same issue but our ArcGIS Servers have no usage reports with number-only names on it. Our ArcGIS Monitor installation is a fresh install of 2023.3.1. Are there any other reasons why adding a ArcGIS Server can fail?

Thanks, 
Feike

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Feike,

Can you please provide screenshots of the error you see when registering the ArcGIS Server? Perhaps this is worth opening a new thread in the forum to troubleshoot further.

Josh

Feike
by
New Contributor II

Hi Josh, thanks, I created a new post.

0 Kudos
SusanCarlson
New Contributor III

That fixed our issue, too! I found that just opening the Statistics page in ArcGIS Server Manager cleared out the usage report with all numbers. We fixed it this way on a few servers. Thanks!

Kurt_Shanayda
New Contributor

We are having this same issue.  In our case the usage reports appear to be linked to insight so deleting them also breaks the insight reports that are running.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

For everyone's awareness, this issue has been logged as BUG-000165344 and is addressed in the upcoming 2024.0 release.