ArcGIS online (AGOL) Replica download error

01-02-2015 08:30 AM
ChandreyeeLahiri
New Contributor III

I have been using the 'Collector' app to add to a hosted File GDB of points with attachments. It's worked wonderfully (Jeff Shaner from ESRI has been invaluable help!) and I'm at a point now where I need to download the now huge data so I can make schema changes. It's around 40 MB (the attachments are photographs and add up) and the only way to download it successfully is using the REST method.

It has worked well in the past using the method listed in this article:Getting Attachments down from ArcGIS Online — Cloudpoint Geographics Inc.

However I am now repeatedly getting this error:

sync_error.gif

Urgent need to get this off the cloud to use it. Any advice?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chandreyee,

It may be worth trying to create the '_create_fgdb_replica' script included the ArcREST python package:

Esri/ArcREST at October2014v1.0Final · GitHub

ChandreyeeLahiri
New Contributor III

Thanks Jake. If the rest tools will let me make edits in the hosted feature itself, that's half the battle won! I need to run some python on the 'shape' field and make schema changes...can I do this via this package? There's no help on it and i need some guidance to figure out how to use this.

I pinged out ESRI rep here (Boston) about this issue and he ran into an error trying to make a REST replica of my data too, though he's been able to in the past when my process has failed due to slow network speed. His error was about exporting attachments (all the points in this db have photo attachments).

Any suggestions?

How do i use the REST package to download?

0 Kudos