ArcGIS Online Dashboard infographic credit consumption

Jump to solution
a month ago
PColli
by
New Contributor

My organization is looking at providing publicly available dashboard using ArcGIS Online and I've been tasked with assessing the costs associated with this, particularly the use of infographics.  Esri provides a credit costing table here which is fairly informative on things like cost of feature storage but I find the costing for use of infographics to be unclear.  This table indicates that it costs "10 credits per 1000 views" for infographics in supported apps.  

PColli_0-1711642899672.png

Does this include the use of infographics in dashboards? What is a considered a "view"?

I would love to hear from anyone with experience in how credits are consumed by dashboards in ArcGIS Online.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't believe infographics or charts from your data consume credits. It's just the value-added business infographics that do.

e.g. Infographic Widget in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder and 'Chart' in Experience Builder, don't use credits:

But the Business Analysis widgets for these apps have notes saying 'using this widget consumes credits' and generate infographics. The outputs may have value added and using these services uses credits:

ArcGIS Dashboards doesn't have a business widget, so that's why it's not mentioned in the credits infographics section.

So as long as you're not sharing analysis capabilities or widgets/functionality that leverage the value-adds (geoenrichment, business infographics) you're probably fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JEckmann
New Contributor

After you have created your Infographic, save it as a Dynamic HTML file and place it on your web server.  No credits are consumed from your ArcGIS Online subscription if you are sharing a dynamic html file.  Here's a great example from Kansas: https://maps.kdhe.state.ks.us/ksephtinfographics/Johnson.html

Love to see you respond with a link once you've implemented your solution!

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't believe infographics or charts from your data consume credits. It's just the value-added business infographics that do.

e.g. Infographic Widget in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder and 'Chart' in Experience Builder, don't use credits:

But the Business Analysis widgets for these apps have notes saying 'using this widget consumes credits' and generate infographics. The outputs may have value added and using these services uses credits:

ArcGIS Dashboards doesn't have a business widget, so that's why it's not mentioned in the credits infographics section.

So as long as you're not sharing analysis capabilities or widgets/functionality that leverage the value-adds (geoenrichment, business infographics) you're probably fine.

0 Kudos