ArcGIS Online Homepage will not let me add content blocks

11-14-2023 01:41 PM
Labels (1)
ChrisCrabtree
New Contributor III

I'm trying to get an organizational home page setup and when I go into "edit homepage / Content Blocks / Add Blocks / Item Gallery" I get the spinning circle on the left side and nothing ever pops up to let me add items. I've cleared my cache, tried 3 different browsers, and tried incognito mode in chrome. I'm still having the issue. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

3 Replies
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hey Chris,

A few thoughts:

What is your current homepage composed of?

• Do all components render correctly?
  • When you are experiencing the behaviour are you connected to a vpn network? Do you have the ability to log in to the site on a different network \ internet to see if the behaviour persists?
  • If you are proficient with the browser's developer console you may be able to see some events that may shed some light on what the issue is.

ChrisCrabtree
New Contributor III

Right now there is nothing on the homepage except the organization name and a background picture that I changed. I wanted to add some of our maps so that when I logged in I could launch them from the homepage. 

I'm not connected to through VPN, I've logged in on different networks, different devices, incognito mode, all of that and the same issue. I've never worked with the developer console, but I wouldn't think I would need it. This is a brand new homepage with nothing added, and currently I can't add anything because of this issue. 

JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Definitely a strange behaviour. I took a look to see if there were any known issues similar to the one you are experiencing, so far I've not found any.

A few other thoughts: 

• What about the other types of blocks: Text and Link do those exhibit the same behaviour?
  • Do you have at least one group created in ArcGIS Online with content added to it?

Have you considered reaching out to Esri Support? They will have the ability to investigate a bit further to see if there's anything unusual happening in your ArcGIS Online organization.

0 Kudos