ArcGis Online - how to move a feature

Jump to solution
01-14-2016 10:57 AM
MelissaMitchell
New Contributor III

I'm not sure how to move a feature while editing. I can add and delete but can't move the point. I've looked at the properties and full editing has been enabled. I can't figure out how to move the feature to another location.

thank you!

49 Replies
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

I am running into an issue where I have a parcel view (parcel feature service converted to a view in AGO)  in my map and I am trying to edit a point that falls inside of the polygon and I am not allowed to move the feature. 

If the view is above the feature in the layer list I can not edit the geometry at all. if the view is bellow it is inconsistent in allowing me to move features. 

I am not sure if this is a browser issue or not. I am using Chrome. 

0 Kudos
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

it doesn't seem to be an issue in Firefox. 

0 Kudos
cpbride2020
New Contributor III

I am running into the same problem and the M value is false. To reiterate: I can add a point, but I cannot select a point and move it.  

0 Kudos
MINZHIYE
New Contributor III

I have the same problem. I need to move an area. Hope you find the solution!

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

It looks like the issue above was caused by M values being required on the data. If you navigate to your rest endpoint? do you see the following parameter HasM: true.?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
CarlosKrefft
Occasional Contributor

Same issue on ArcGIS online. 
HasZ: false

HasM: false

0 Kudos
JadeFreeman
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having the same issue, Portal 10.3 editable feature service, HasM:false.  I did not add the feature service to Portal as an item, just added the layer directly from our server.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
NadineTrahan1
New Contributor III

Has this been resolved for anyone? I've checked all of the suggestions, Enable Editing is on and HasM: False.

Yet I cannot update.

I'm serving the point feature classing using ArcGIS Portal 10.4, the data are in a verisioned gdb and working with the map in an app. Anything?

Nadine

NadineTrahan1
New Contributor III

I found the issue. In order to select the feature and see the attribute popup, you must drag select it with the tool, but if you want to move it, you need to just single click on it, then move it.

GabrielaOlekszyk
New Contributor

I'm using a hosted feature layer (point layer) that was published from ArcGIS Pro, M not enabled (on desktop, I don't know how to check if M is enabled online?). When opening a web map, user can update attributes and add new data - these can be saved (and in edit tab "undo" button is active when change is made). User can also drag a point to a new location - but this can't be saved, "undo" not active, when exiting the map, all changes are lost... Is there a solution to this? Has anyone had similar experience?

0 Kudos