ArcGIS Online Map Viewer - Editing Related Records

Jump to solution
02-16-2024 10:13 AM
Labels (1)
Layth
by
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a strange issue with editing related records in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer.  The data is exposed as a Feature Layer that is self-hosted in ArcGIS Server 11.2.

First, I have tested a simple feature layer with a single point featureclass and table with a 1:M relationship class.  I published that (traditional versioning, GlobalIDs for the relationship, editor tracking) and created a web map for it.  I can create a form for the FC and edit the related table no problem.  It all works great.  This tells me my the software, RDBMS (PostGIS, by the way), and publishing process is OK.

However when I publish my "real" dataset which is more complex but is published the same way the Web Map form allows me to add the related tables to it.  But when I go to actually add or edit data, the add new records to related tables buttons are disabled with a message "A record cannot be added to <table name> until the GlobalID has been entered."  The origin record already exists (I'm editing and existing feature) and that feature's GlobalID is populated.  In fact it has existing related records in other tables.  However it does not allow me to add a new related record.

Here is a screen grab of the add related records section of the form:

edit_related.png

Notice how I cannot add a new "Note", yet there are existing related records for field visits and notifications that are there and linked correctly (these were existing, not added in ArcGIS Online).

Has anyone experienced this before?  I can't figure out what's different between my "real" data and the simple test data I tried.

Thanks!

Layth

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Layth
by
New Contributor II

Hi @EmilyGeo,

Just to follow up on this.  I was able to find the issue.  The issue is capitalization.  With my more complex data set I am creating everything with ArcPy.  Previously the GlobalID field was created as "GlobalID".  But now the add Global ID's tool creates the field as "globalid".  At least in PostGIS it does.  The relationship classes I was defining I still defined the origin key as "GlobalID".  This all worked OK in ArcGIS Pro.  But when the ArcGIS Server service was published in ArcGIS Online and edited in Map Viewer it resulted in that message and the "add related record" buttons disabled.

I updated my script so that everything was cased correctly (globalid) and re-published.  The edit related records all works correctly in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer now.

Thanks for your input.

Layth

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @Layth

I haven't seen this come up before. Is the Global ID for the parent feature visible on the form? 

If that is the case, then I recommend reaching out to support to create a ticket and they will be able to help troubleshoot the issue. If you can provide the dataset that is not working, that could help us identify the problem. 

Best, Emily

0 Kudos
Layth
by
New Contributor II

Hi @EmilyGeo,

Just to follow up on this.  I was able to find the issue.  The issue is capitalization.  With my more complex data set I am creating everything with ArcPy.  Previously the GlobalID field was created as "GlobalID".  But now the add Global ID's tool creates the field as "globalid".  At least in PostGIS it does.  The relationship classes I was defining I still defined the origin key as "GlobalID".  This all worked OK in ArcGIS Pro.  But when the ArcGIS Server service was published in ArcGIS Online and edited in Map Viewer it resulted in that message and the "add related record" buttons disabled.

I updated my script so that everything was cased correctly (globalid) and re-published.  The edit related records all works correctly in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer now.

Thanks for your input.

Layth