Displaying Revit Models in ArcOnline

07-31-2023 08:09 AM
HannahStOnge
New Contributor

Hi all, I'm having trouble displaying BIM data in ArcOnline. I added the .RVT files into my 3d scene in ArcPro, where they all display fine. When I exported the web scene to ArcOnline however, I can only view one whole building at once in the Building Explorer. I need to be able to see all of the buildings at once, as well as have them all show up when I add the web scene to a StoryMap, since viewers of the StoryMap don't have the option to use the Building Explorer. I've tried running the Create Building Scene Layer tool in ArcPro, but when I upload the package to ArcOnline and add it to my web scene, I'm still running into the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get all of the buildings to display at once? I've attached a screenshot of how it looks in ArcPro (ideally how I'd like it to look in ArcOnline) and a screenshot of my current issue in ArcOnline.Site1_1.PNGScreenshot 2023-07-31 at 11.08.18 AM.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The building explorer can only be used on one building layer at a time. Have you tried using this tool before publishing the scene layer?

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/revit/geodatabase.htm

MCh
by
New Contributor III

From that link, if I want to have more than one BIM file into a single .slpk,
I would like to ask which step you merge all the BIM files together?

MCh_1-1711517404281.png
Because, in the first step, we use BIM File to Geodatabase and the output is one dataset of one BIM file.

MCh_0-1711517113076.png

How could we merge dataset with dataset? or do we have to match and merge each single layer manually like merge Abutment of building1 with Abutment of building2 and then merge AirTerminal of building1 with AirTerminal of building2?
That would be really painful then.

And for the next step, the tool is Make Building Layer and I don't think we can merge in this step.

0 Kudos
HannahStOnge
New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion! I tried running the tool but now only some of the buildings are showing up in ArcPro.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I wont be able to help that one but would recommend sending that one to the Pro forum. 

0 Kudos
CiciXiao
Esri Contributor

Hi Hannah, I suggest giving the building explorer widget (see below) in Scene Viewer on ArcGIS Online a try. You can access it by clicking the 'building' icon or directly selecting the building scene layer.

If you want to view all buildings by level or discipline simultaneously, you can import all the Revit models when running Make Building Layer. However, if you only want to interact with one specific Building Scene Layer, then you should run Make Building Layer separately for each Revit model.

CiciXiao_0-1692128749075.png

0 Kudos