Hosted View Layers Not Displaying in Map Viewer

03-26-2024 08:01 AM
Labels (2)
RachelPasser_RFA
New Contributor II

I am trying to improve the workflow for an instant app I maintain, SC District Info. This application needs to be updated quarterly, and so I am trying to create hosted view layers for each of the layers in the app so it'll be easier to swap sources and not have to redo the symbology for each layer.

Because I this I am creating a new web map in Map Viewer for the Q2 2024 update. In my organization's AGOL account, I made each layer in SC District Info into a hosted view layer (they each have ' - SCDI' at the end of the name) and added those view layers to the Q2 2024 web map. Thing is, they're not rendering in the web map. I'm not sure what it is about the settings, but when I look at each view layer individually, it looks fine, it's just not drawing in the web map.

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Hosted View Layer SC County - SCDI turned on and Feature Layer for SC County turned off:

RachelPasser_RFA_0-1711465227288.png

Hosted View Layer SC County - SCDI turned off and Feature Layer for SC County turned on:

RachelPasser_RFA_1-1711465249807.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
  • Does your layer have data?
  • Does your View Layer have a filter?
  • Does your layer have symbology based on values (that may not exist)?
  • Does your map layer have a filter?
  • Do you have scale-based drawing / symbology, transparency, or anything else?

You can start at the root if you check the Hosted Feature Layer source, then the View (visualization tab or add to new map), then the map itself.

0 Kudos