Edit with full control

Jump to solution
05-31-2022 12:37 PM
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

According to the ArcGIS Online online help the member role setting when creating a custom role "Edit with full control":

Allows members to add, delete, and update features and attributes in editable hosted feature layers, regardless of the editing operations enabled on the layer.

How is this intended to work? I tried testing it on my end by turning off adds, deletes and updates on a feature service and then enabling this permission on a custom role. The end result was I couldn't edit any of the layers in the feature service while logged into an account using the custom role. 

What I'm trying to accomplish is this: I have one group of users (Group A) that I only want editing attributes in Collector/Field Maps. I have a second group (Group B) that I want to have full editing permissions. I was hoping to have add, delete, and geometry updates disabled on the feature service, and then have that custom role allow Group B users to have full editing permissions anyway. Any thoughts? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

It looks like all this role permission does is enable a button on the feature layer that allows you to add the feature layer to a map with full editing control. You can't save the map so it's not a great work around but it offers some flexibility.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

It looks like all this role permission does is enable a button on the feature layer that allows you to add the feature layer to a map with full editing control. You can't save the map so it's not a great work around but it offers some flexibility.

0 Kudos