ERROR 001270: Consolidating the data failed.

Jump to solution
08-21-2014 12:33 PM
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

I get this error when I try to publish a map service with a .dbf join to ArcGIS Online. As soon as I remove the join everything works perfectly. The information contained in the database is pretty important to the function of our GIS, is there something I can do to make the join work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobinWhite
New Contributor III

(Since the table is joined to a dBase file I guess the original dataset is a shapefile; but, the supported format does not matter).

I researched this by exploring ArcToolbox.

(1) found the Feature Class to Feature Class tool

(2) used that to prototype a process with ModelBuilder

(3) tested the model—the result has the appended fields, populated.

The model can then be exported to generate a simple Python script, resembling something like this:

with best regards

-r.w.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobinWhite
New Contributor III

I think I discovered awhile back that before attempting to publish the layer, if it has joined data you should first export it to a new feature class.  The new, publishable fc will include the fields from your join.

MattZetterman
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that was the case. The database that is part of the join is coming from another location and is changing daily. Any idea if this something I could do fairly easy in Python?

0 Kudos
RobinWhite
New Contributor III

(Since the table is joined to a dBase file I guess the original dataset is a shapefile; but, the supported format does not matter).

I researched this by exploring ArcToolbox.

(1) found the Feature Class to Feature Class tool

(2) used that to prototype a process with ModelBuilder

(3) tested the model—the result has the appended fields, populated.

The model can then be exported to generate a simple Python script, resembling something like this:

with best regards

-r.w.

MattZetterman
New Contributor III

You opened a new world to me with the model builder. I haven't worked with Python up until the last couple of days but the model builder makes it simple. I'm getting an error in my script but I'm definitely on the right track now. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobinWhite
New Contributor III

You are very welcome! Best regards.

0 Kudos